Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Paralysis

Options
  • 14-02-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

So I had fantastically vivid sleep paralysis coupled with an out of body experience yesterday morning (between 6.30- 7.00am)

I woke around 4.50am as I often do and I check in on our young fella, put on the TV news for awhile, turned it off and drifted back to sleep. But then I found myself hovering up by the ceiling (it was still the bedroom as in real time, same exact setting and lighting etc)and I became aware of 'dark' figures by one of the walls.

I knew I was dreaming but while not terrified or even scared I knew I wanted to get out of the siutuation and wake up. Then the paralysis kicked in- could not move and so I decided that the wife should wake me so I tried my best to shout as loud as I could and sure enough she prodded me in the back and I woke up.

I have endeavored to shout/scream out before but this is first time the wife actually heard me- she said I was sort of wailing out.

I have had sleep paralysis a few times in my life but this was defo the most vivid and a first with the 'out of body' presence.

Before I have thought about actually exploring the lucid dream state and going on an adventure so to speak but I am worried that I will sleep walk, cause some damage to myself or someone else in 'real time'.

Would love to hear similar experiences or how to explore it more...:)

Comments

Advertisement