Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACL Surgery

Options
  • 12-02-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I live overseas and have obtained an ACL injury. I would like to get a second opinion of my MRI whilst I am home in Ireland soon. Can anyone advise on the best place to go for a consultation and also how much an ACL reconstruction surgery costs roughly? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Don't know the costs but I've heard the Sports Clinic in Santry is great for repairing bad knee injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This thread might be some use to you:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056321673/1

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anitack

Hey, I'm going to the Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry in Dublin for an ACL repair and it's going to be around 6 grand.

€3100 alone for the clinic, for a one night stay! €1600 or so for the surgeon and about €800 for the anesthetist. Then €180 per consultation that makes the 6 grand. pricey eh! I have no health insurance either

I am having a hard time trying to decide whether to get the repair done using the patellar tendon or hamstring. Has anyone had either of them done and how did you find it? I'm concerned mostly with healing and any associated pain post operation. I think it's unlikey I will tear it again as I won't be putting myself in such a position so I'm not really worried about which method leaves the knee more stable.

Surgeons who do the knee graft say that with modern methods it is less evasive and doesn't lead to knee pain but hamstring surgeons defend their method. Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Advertisement