Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 11/02/2015 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

This is not a criticism, I have noticed that whenever there is a southsider on, they always say police and police station rather than Garda or Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Deedsie wrote: »
    This is not a criticism, I have noticed that whenever there is a southsider on, they always say police and police station rather than Garda or Garda Station.

They were lucky enough to have the UK channels growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is "suicidal ideation" the new "death by sue-ih-coyde"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Deedsie wrote: »

Don't think it's a southside thing, you never hear de water protesters alleging Garda brutality, it's always policy brutality. And they're from all over the kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

They were lucky enough to have the UK channels growing up.

Again I'm not having a go. They can call it whatever they want. It just sounds funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

ThisRegard wrote: »
    it's always policy brutality

That may have been a typo, but quite appropriate. :)

Another brutal show to add to the list. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

So seems like things picked up today eventually ? I switched to a bit of nice music once I heard the first couple of minutes of Joe's Amateur Therapy Hour.

You and me both. I'd nipped out and missed the only good bit.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Another brutal show to add to the list. :mad:

It was like a lobsided sandwich. It had a thick slice of anorexia, a nice filling, and then a thin slice of anorexia. I think the filling may have been spiked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

D'arcy is doing the Allen Carr piece now for those that were waiting for it on old thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

Looks like Duffy is in full avoidance mode with more of the same crap lined up for tomorrow. Nah nothing else happening in the country that might pique an interest in his mighty journalistic brain except this misery for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Looks like Duffy is in full avoidance mode with more of the same crap lined up for tomorrow. Nah nothing else happening in the country that might pique an interest in his mighty journalistic brain except this misery for 2 days.

Hopefully Friday isn't FF, it would be a straight treble then!

Doubtless there are edicts from on high, within RTE, to lay off / steer clear /exercise journalistic judgement. Apart from phone calls from government ministers, there will also be grumblings from current affairs within the broadcasting organisation itself, who don't like the likes of hobnailed tramps dancing all over their carrot patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Is there people who have the opposite of anorexia where they are about 4 stone overweight and keep eating but think they have a Baywatch body?
    body-image-cartoon.jpg:D

Hitchens wrote: »
    body-image-cartoon.jpg:D

Lol at the use of Joe's favourite word (difference).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I hope a wedding gets a mention today, it been valentines weekend and all that, i love a good love story me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I hope a wedding gets a mention today, it been valentines weekend and all that, i love a good love story me.

Yeah, especially for the romantics, Liveline will be covering the shootings at the Traveller wedding in Fermanagh yesterday

Yeah, especially for the romantics, Liveline will be covering the shootings at the Traveller wedding in Fermanagh yesterday

Oh will it, well i'll tune in so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We'll be talking about the Irish Ice Hockey team, how they don't have a full sized ice rink to train on.
    we'll be continuing the conversation on anorexia and we'll be talking to a man who had his drink spiked.

snubbleste wrote: »
    We'll be talking about the Irish Ice Hockey team, how they don't have a full sized ice rink to train on.
    we'll be continuing the conversation on anorexia and we'll be talking to a man who had his drink spiked.

I had my drink spiked.
    Oh wait, it was me, spiking it with Vodka, under the table.
    Worra low-down durty bastid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

earlier at pavee point HQ

'....interesting, no calls from the Liveline researchers...."

Speirs290413PavPt093-133x133.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snubbleste wrote: »

maybe they should have thought of that before they formed a team

maybe they should have thought of that before they formed a team

I didnt even know there was one, that could be a reason theres no ice rink for them

You didn't hear the Jamaican bob-sleigh get onto Live with the Rastaman to complain about no snow did you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder will troll give us the rugby team for saturday when its announced or is rugby too posh for joe

I didnt even know there was one, that could be a reason theres no ice rink for them

They train mostly in Belfast, where there is a full size rink. You don't hear the northern based international rugby players complain about having to travel down south to train, do you.

I'm in a very contrary mood today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Howya Mary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Is mise Anseo....... For now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oh yipee more mammys withtales of sick daughters

• Advertisement

They train mostly in Belfast, where there is a full size rink. You don't hear the northern based international rugby players complain about having to travel down south to train, do you.

I'm in a very contrary mood today.

I wiki'd them there, won 13 lost 25 it says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement