Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to purchase a Tarpaulin (or Tarp)

Options
  • 11-02-2015 5:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Yo,

I'm looking to purchase more than one tarpaulin of varying sizes. I have tried searching for them in local survival stores nearby without luck. I not quite sure where else to look for them. If you could suggest where to look, or recommend a specific store in Clare, Galway, or Limerick, that would be appreciated.

Purchasing through an online marketplace is not convenient for me.

My purpose for wanting them is to protect an outdoor camper from rain and wind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Have a look for trailer covers via farming supply shops or even boat covers via chandlery shops. You might also try commercial truck body fitters, who make those side sheets for trucks. There are suppliers who will make covers to order to cover any object like a car but custom items tend to be pricey. You need to have a nose around hardware shops and look out for offcuts or second-hand sheets. Even army surplus places or tent hire places are worth a look as they often have seconds or surplus stock.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I saw some for sale in a shop called dealz and aldi/lidl have them from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

I got a good big one in B&Q (builders section). They have varying sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Advertisement
Advertisement