Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey! He/She was in …

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Quite well known, but I'll post it anyway: Elijah Wood in Back to the Future, Part II.

Du3D9bY.png

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Two from Annie Hall. Sigourney Weaver (right, in raincoat) with Woody Allen in one of the closing shots. This is her only appearance in the film. Also, Jeff Goldblum appears as a guest at Tony Lacey's party.weaver.jpg

Jeff-Goldblum-In-Annie-Hall.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

article-2478821-190DFC9500000578-697_634x420.jpg

Emily Blunt in the 2004 television adaptation of Death on the Nile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

Might be know because he's Irish but Rats in Paths to Freedom:
    rats_paths_to_freedom.jpg?w=300&h=167

is also Roose Bolton:
    333px-Roose-Bolton-402-Promotional.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Billy Zane was in the BTTF movies:
    best-back-to-the-future-1985-.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Steve%20Buscemi%20%20'Lonesome%20Dove'%20(1988).jpg

Steve Buscemi played Luke in Lonesome Dove the TV show in the early 90'2 :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jake Gyllenhaal played Billy Crystal's son in City Slickers:

slide-jake-gyllenhaal_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

quickbeam wrote: »
    Jake Gyllenhaal played Billy Crystal's son in City Slickers:

slide-jake-gyllenhaal_0.jpg

Now, that's what I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Jeff Goldblum also had one of his earliest roles as one of the "freaks" in Death Wish:

1349831584659500.jpg

One of Vin Diesel's earliest uncredited roles was as an orderly in a mental hospital in Awakenings:

25623-1023.gif

Tony Sirico (best known as Paulie from The Sopranos) had an early acting role in Goodfellas:

4673352_std.jpg

But this one I love:

This guy from The Godfather? Johnny Ola:

Johnny_Ola.jpg

Is also Uncle Junior from The Sopranos:

dominic-chianese.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Alf Roberts from Corrie...

500px-AlfRoberts1990.jpg

...was Cliff Brumby in Get Carter.

article-1297982-027EEC3E0000044D-412_634x448.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Alf Roberts from Corrie...

...was Cliff Brumby in Get Carter.

"You're a big man, but you're out of shape. With me it's a full time job."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The same woman.

latest?cb=20090930204307

latest?cb=20080708001558&path-prefix=de

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

8787987.png

Rainn Wilson is Galaxy Quest also the leader of the of the aliens is Enrico Colantoni aka Elias in Person Of Interest

400px-POI_Charlie.jpg

FunLover18 wrote: »
    8787987.png

Rainn Wilson is Galaxy Quest also the leader of the of the aliens is Enrico Colantoni aka Elias in Person Of Interest

400px-POI_Charlie.jpg

Mathesar is the name of the character

Galaxy Quest had an insane cast in fairness
    Tim Allen
    Sigourney Weaver
    Alan Rickman
    Tony Shalhoub
    Sam Rockwell
    Justin Long

And is a great Sci-Fi in its own right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mathesar is the name of the character

Galaxy Quest had an insane cast in fairness
    Tim Allen
    Sigourney Weaver
    Alan Rickman
    Tony Shalhoub
    Sam Rockwell
    Justin Long

And is a great Sci-Fi in its own right

Yeh it's a classic. But I only started watching PoI recently and knew I recognised Elias from somewhere but couldn't place him until I rewatched GQ. Such a different perfeormance, it's mad

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Yeh it's a classic. But I only started watching PoI recently and knew I recognised Elias from somewhere but couldn't place him until I rewatched GQ. Such a different perfeormance, it's mad

And the dad in Veronica Mars

6842-20175.gif
    Heather Graham in Twins.
    uvemzog4zoak4b5imm2e.gif
    Zach Braff in Manhattan Murder Mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

David Caruso was mentioned earlier - the two early performances I always remember for him are as one of Brian Dennehy's deputies in First Blood and as Kitkat in one of my favourite guilty pleasures, Hudson Hawk.

02-dafoe-thehunger.jpg?1384968217
    Willem Dafoe in The Hunger

midcow011.jpg

Bob Balaban in Midnight Cowboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Two from Annie Hall. Sigourney Weaver (right, in raincoat) with Woody Allen in one of the closing shots. This is her only appearance in the film.

I didn't know that one. I wonder if many scenes with Weaver ended up being cut out.

• Advertisement

I don't know, but apparently Viggo Mortensen was in some scenes in The Purple Rose of Cairo and they were all cut.

3868-12133.gif
    James Cromwell - The Man with Two Brains
    4906-7565.gif
    Richard Dreyfuss - The Graduate (for about five seconds)
    16370-1208.gif
    Sylvester Stallone - Bananas
    8396-16210.gif
    Helen Hunt - Rollercoaster

41242-17962.jpg
    Michelle Williams - Species
    59774-26902.jpg
    Carey Mulligan - Pride and Prejudice

And in one of the greatest episodes of Doctor Who: Blink

doctorwhoblink.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Pete (Charlie Hunnam) from Green Street

green-street-hooligans-20050729040703403-000.jpg

is Jax Teller from Sons Of Anarchy

Jax-2.jpg

Still surprises me :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Pete (Charlie Hunnam) from Green Street

green-street-hooligans-20050729040703403-000.jpg

is Jax Teller from Sons Of Anarchy

Jax-2.jpg

Still surprises me :o

That's a good one for me too, I'm ashamed to say green street is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine so that's a funny one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bop1977

Darth vader was the body gaurd Julian in A Clockwork Orange.

4562-12243.gif
    Bruce Dern - Marnie
    8787-10118.gif
    Scarlett Johansson - Just Cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Most people know this one but sure why not....

Jason Barry - DiCaprio's Irish friend in Titanic.
    jason-barry-and-titanic-gallery.gif?1357428750

... is Dano in Love/Hate

hitface-630x436.jpg

• Advertisement

51652-27171.gif
    Aaron Taylor Johnson appears as "Young Eisenheim" (Eisenheim being Edward Norton's character) in The Illusionist.

Advertisement