Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning bootcamp (no breakfast)-when & what to eat/drink after?

Options
  • 09-02-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If doing bootcamp in the morning (7am) and don't have breakfast beforehand what's the best thing to eat/drink afterwards & how long should you wait?

I've heard people say drink milk within 1/2 hour afterwards, better than water. (I drink plenty of water afterwards normally).
    Wait an hour to eat or is that an old wives tale? Does your body use/eat fat for a while after?
    Have a smoothie (what in it?)
    If fruit what- it's carbs before the gym so is a banana after no good
    If having cereal what is best; normally would have Shreeded Wheat, Aplen sugar free or Bran Flakes with Jordans country Crisp or a ham & cheese croissant.

Anything else?
    Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

If doing bootcamp in the morning (7am) and don't have breakfast beforehand what's the best thing to eat/drink afterwards & how long should you wait?

I've heard people say drink milk within 1/2 hour afterwards, better than water. (I drink plenty of water afterwards normally).
    Wait an hour to eat or is that an old wives tale? Does your body use/eat fat for a while after?
    Have a smoothie (what in it?)
    If fruit what- it's carbs before the gym so is a banana after no good
    If having cereal what is best; normally would have Shreeded Wheat, Aplen sugar free or Bran Flakes with Jordans country Crisp or a ham & cheese croissant.

Anything else?
    Cheers,
    pa.

When you eat doesn't really matter. People probably suggest milk because the protein in it but again it doesn't have to be within half an hour and it doesn't matter really.

In terms of what you eat, look at it in the context of the day as a whole. You could, in theory, have doughnuts, if the rest of the day's eating is in accordance with your goals.

Advertisement