Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bernard pollard is gone, not surprising after his Twitter comments a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bernard pollard is gone, not surprising after his Twitter comments a few weeks back

Baltimore are desperate for safety help. I'd like to see him brought back. How did you rate him mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't think Pollard will want to come back

He never attended the White House visit, skipped the Superbowl celebrations and got named as one of the vets who complained to Harbaugh about training practices.

He also kept his termination letter from the Baltimore front office in his locker in Tennessee for motivation

Shame, he was an excellent player :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Baltimore are desperate for safety help. I'd like to see him brought back. How did you rate him mate?

Good in his first season, Achilles injury then ended his 2nd and he said on Twitter he wanted to leave in Jan

Probably 5.5 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Andre Johnson cut, wonder where he'll end up

Jumped the gun, looks like he's going to be cut

Yea they are trying to seek a trade but his current contract is over $10 million due this year with a $1 million work out bonus so I'd say they will have no choice but to cut him.

Can see there being a solid market for him assuming his expectations of what he is worth are realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea they are trying to seek a trade but his current contract is over $10 million due this year with a $1 million work out bonus so I'd say they will have no choice but to cut him.

Can see there being a solid market for him assuming his expectations of what he is worth are realistic.

you would imagine at this stage of his career with the lack of success he's had it will be all about getting a ring pats/hawks could be frontrunners (maby pats moreso hawks must be trying to save all the cap they can to resign people)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Pats are pretty limited with our cap space too and have some big free agent signings so I can't see him landing here at all, as nice as it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bye bye cary Williams. Good luck and...yeah good luck. At least the bull**** PI will drop straigt away.

eagles release cary williams while he had a big cap number he was our only above average corner last year so you would have to expect the eagles will be making a splash in free agency byron maxwell has been repeatedly linked with us so we will see

i know there was a ravens fan on here a few weeks ago saying they would like him back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Could see the Ravens signing back Williams and getting Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No chance of Andre Johnson in Baltimore, there isn't the cap room
    nerd69 wrote: »

i know there was a ravens fan on here a few weeks ago saying they would like him back

That was me. Yeah I'd bring him back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

mikemac1 wrote: »
    No chance of Andre Johnson in Baltimore, there isn't the cap room

That was me. Yeah I'd bring him back

I'd give him a pay raise for kicking Cortland Finnegan's ass alone.

Titans claim Jonathan massaquoi de/OLb from the Falcons

Trent Cole released

Ah jaysus shady mc coy is being traded to the ****ing bills ? 😡 the Eagles are getting LB kiko alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah jaysus shady mc coy is being traded to the ****ing bills ? 😡 the Eagles are getting LB kiko alonso.

Really??

phatkev wrote: »
    Really??

It's appears true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Wow! In Chip we trust but that's a very brave step. I know that you can get a lot of productive backs for cheap but this is a huge step. Alonso has been a hugely impressive linebacker so hopefully it all works out well for us but until I see who replaces Shady I'll be holding judgement. When you add in that we didn't tag Maclin this could be what either makes Chip or breaks him in the NFL

Rex loves that ground and pound! Probably means David Harris will be following Rex to Buffalo now too

Spiller surely hits the open market now too

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    Wow! In Chip we trust but that's a very brave step. I know that you can get a lot of productive backs for cheap but this is a huge step. Alonso has been a hugely impressive linebacker so hopefully it all works out well for us but until I see who replaces Shady I'll be holding judgement. When you add in that we didn't tag Maclin this could be what either makes Chip or breaks him in the NFL
    Probably means that demeco ryan is on borrowed time as well.

ah for **** sake herrimans and cole gone in the one week and now lesean as well chip had better know what he's doing because this week has been a heartbreaker i have to trust him but if this does not work out it have an extra sting :(

does anyone know if kiki was in oregon during the chip era or before and is it definitely a straight swap or could there be more involved

giphy.gif

nerd69 wrote: »
    ah for **** sake herrimans and cole gone in the one week and now lesean as well chip had better know what he's doing because this week has been a heartbreaker i have to trust him but if this does not work out it have an extra sting :(

does anyone know if kiki was in oregon during the chip era or before and is it definitely a straight swap or could there be more involved

During they were together from 2008-2012.

A lot on twitter saying the Eagles have won that trade but I just dont see it. Murray to the Eagles?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Great trade for the eagles. Have another 10 million in the cap now. Alonso is a great player in an underrated position of need for the eagles. He can drop back or rush the passer and apparently he's getting on well with his ACL recovery. Ready to tear free agency a new one. I think McCoy is a season away from falling off the bus. He may be young but has a lot of miles on the clock

irish_man wrote: »
    Great trade for the eagles. Have another 10 million in the cap now. Alonso is a great player in an underrated position of need for the eagles. He can drop back or rush the passer and apparently he's getting on well with his ACL recovery. Ready to tear free agency a new one. I think McCoy is a season away from falling off the bus. He may be young but has a lot of miles on the clock

2 ACL injuries in five years though.

irish_man wrote: »

Well last year isnt a good season to judge him as he had no o line unlike the year previous where he was briliant.

Raf32 wrote: »
    A lot on twitter saying the Eagles have won that trade but I just dont see it. Murray to the Eagles?

nor do i to be honest but I'm still a bit hurt by it so i may be being a homer. shady had a bit of a down year but he still had 1400+ yards and kiko had a beast rookie year but is coming off (i think) an acl so who knows thats why i was asking if its definitely a straight swap or if theres a few other pieces in there.

ya maby murray or we could get a rb in the draft now (bring on todd gurley) i did say before that i feel chip wants a pound it running back in the nfl (hence his love for chris polk) so perhaps that played a part.

it has worked out favourably cap wise for the eagles there about 50 mill under now and could be 57 if they (likely with kiko on board) cut demeco . could mean that there going all in in free agency or could be there freeing cap to resign the likes of cox/kendricks/foles

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

Probably NFC East rival fans who's defenses won't have to get burned by shady twice a season.

Advertisement