Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos eBay Ireland Launches

Options
  • 05-02-2015 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Exciting news as Argos has launched its eBay outlet store delivering to Ireland the site launched last week and so far has had positive reviews.
    The stock is all new stock that you would find in local Argos store just with more choices they are also running an offer of free delivery on selected lines

Website taken off massively in UK chance to grab some bargains and cheap delivery over here to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Exciting news as Argos has launched its eBay outlet store delivering to Ireland the site launched last week and so far has had positive reviews.
    The stock is all new stock that you would find in local Argos store just with more choices they are also running an offer of free delivery on selected lines

Website taken off massively in UK chance to grab some bargains and cheap delivery over here to

linky ?

found it

http://stores.ebay.ie/argos-ireland?keywords=

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Prices look the same to the B&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So it's not an actual Argos Ireland outlet, it's just being delivered from the UK.

Postage is €7 too mostly, so hardly cheap. Not to mention the prices don't look any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

What does it give me / do for me that my down town Argos wont do??

We still pay postage as well...so with Sterling conversion + Sterling Postage will still come in the same prices as down town??

What about returns I wonder??

Same price as the shop
    Only good thing is delivery for €7

Not much of a bargain

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »

We still pay postage as well...so with Sterling conversion + Sterling Postage will still come in the same prices as down town??

Sterling ?
    It's in euro

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Corholio wrote: »
    So it's not an actual Argos Ireland outlet, it's just being delivered from the UK.

Postage is €7 too mostly, so hardly cheap. Not to mention the prices don't look any cheaper.

postage is free to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sterling ?
    It's in euro

Sorry... missed that!! Corrected post above

clevtrev wrote: »
    postage is free to Ireland

Only on some things. A lot of stuff is also €7 postage to here.

Only on some things. A lot of stuff is also €7 postage to here.

Yeah, everything I want is €7 to post
    Saves me driving 50 miles but meh I will just go and collect, unless its cheaper hardly worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

For those who, like me, live a 5 euro petrol drive away from the Argos shop, it is offers great convenience and value. Not everyone lives in an Argos town.
    L

For those who, like me, live a 5 euro petrol drive away from the Argos shop, it is offers great convenience and value. Not everyone lives in an Argos town.
    L

Chances are you would have got it online for the same price or cheaper anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Parcel motel is €3.50. Why wouldnt they just use them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

http://stores.ebay.ie/argos-ireland/Help
    Returns, After-Sales & Support

We're committed to selling high-quality products we hope you'll enjoy using, but we also know that, for one reason or another, there may be a time when you need to return something you've bought.

Can I return my item to a store?
    Currently only Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store. We’re working hard to update our systems to make all eBay purchases (except large 2 man delivery items) returnable to store but at the moment we’re sorry but non Click & Collect purchases cannot be returned to an Argos store.

My item is faulty, what next?
    Please contact us before leaving feedback and we will do our best to help you. It's best to use the Return Item link in your eBay Purchase History to request a return and we'll respond as quickly as possible.

I've received the wrong item. What shall I do?
    In the unlikely event of receiving an incorrect order or a substituted item, please accept our apologies. We recommend using the eBay Returns Resolution Centre on eBay to request a refund and our team will advise the correct returns process. We know it’s frustrating but unfortunately we are unable to send direct replacements or exchanges.

General Terms
    For all returns, please include a copy of your invoice and a note explaining the reason for return or the nature of any fault(s).
    If you do not have a copy of your invoice then please print and enclose a copy of your original PayPal transaction along with the note explaining the reason for return.
    Please allow up to 7 working days to test and process all non PC returns, up to 14 days for PC and laptop returns by our returns agent, and up to 28 working days for completion of any repairs.
    If the item is not found to have a manufacturing fault, or the fault is due to customer misuse, then no refund will be issued, and the buyer will be responsible for any fees for return shipping.
    We are unable to send replacement items or exchange goods.
    For further information on returning products using the Resolution Centre on eBay, please click here.

The above policies do not affect your statutory rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BargainBruce

I just had something delivered as wasnt close to a local store was pretty good i thought new to this whole bargain listing game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wonder will the Irish ebay outlet have the same special offers that the Uk one often has ?
    I got a Samsung 42" plasma on the UK ebay outlet over a year ago for £200

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Good news, this will come in handy for the below:

-Items that are out of stock in Store
    -Discounted refurbished items
    -Free Delivery on some items and easier than using Parcel Motel (especially for large items)

Just had a quick look at the TV's, free delivery on them and more than 10 available of an LG 32" that is OOS in my two nearest stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought this was the beginning of Argos Click and Collect from ebay sellers, would love to have that facility over here for smaller items like headphones, etc.

Still though this is good for people who dont have an Argos or Parcel Motel in their town. There's some seriouly good deals from both the Argos OUtlet and the Tesco outlet on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

matchthis wrote: »
    Parcel motel is €3.50. Why wouldnt they just use them

It's the same distance to my nearest PM as it is to Argos.:(

Just looked at a sample of prices,it's not cheap at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

zerks wrote: »

BTW Parcelmotel is now 3.95€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

did they do this themselves or use a third party company to integrate them with EBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

A casual browse would suggest that most things over €30 gets free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

parcelconnect.ie instead? It's fastway couriers..(shudder) but the drop off points are all over the place.

It BeeMee wrote: »
    A casual browse would suggest that most things over €30 gets free delivery.

Nursery items are not
    Highchair €80 they want €7 delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Yep nothing like the uk where theres always a ton of refurb stuff for good prices.
    billbond4 wrote: »
    BTW Parcelmotel is now 3.95€

If you top up by €35 its still €3.50 as they give you extra credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

I have used the Argos UK Ebay outlet and saved on many items. They offer great value in refurbished goods in addition to a 1 year guarantee from a reputable retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Without offering possible value on refurbished items, I'm failing to see the attraction of this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Most of the stuff I'm seeing says it's located in UK so 7€ postage, good to see it as an option but hopefully they'll make it into something with better prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Without offering possible value on refurbished items, I'm failing to see the attraction of this tbh.

They also offer some great deals on new items too.
    As I said earlier I picked up a 42" inch Plasma on there brand new last year for 240 euro at the time,it was 450 in store here .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Chances are you would have got it online for the same price or cheaper anyway though.

I do like knowing that it's Argos though, as opposed to a Hong Kong via UK seller, where you never know whether you're getting a reasonably reliable product, or a plastic shell.

Also, UK shipping has gone up big time recently and I find even on light items of clothing you easily pay more than 10£ shipping, so it pretty much rules out bigger items for me.

So all things considered, 7 euros is not that bad.

Oh, and I didn't even mention parking in my post above, simply because I'm very lucky my nearest Argos is the Clonmel one, where parking is free. I used to have to go to Waterford, where parking on the quay would usually cost minimum 2 euros and up to 4 euros.

For someone whose nearest Argos may be Waterford, the online 7 euro shipping makes it a bargain.

Advertisement