Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BI Platforms selection

Options
  • 04-02-2015 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

So I need to buy a BI Platform and was hoping for some suggestions!

Basic Requirements

15 Users (2-5 analysts / 10-12 managers)
    Dashboards focus for management
    Easy visualisations
    Drag and drop - minimal coding, if any
    Easy ETL
    And of course - Cheap as chips :pac:
    Preference for software widely used - staff turnover etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Take a look at Logix from Nathean. They're an Irish company based out in Blanchardstown: http://www.nathean.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Hey guys,

Just wondering how you got on finding an analytics solution?

I'm in a similar situation now looking at solution options. Ideally there would be the ability for offline use of dashboards.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What system(s) are you looking to report on?

Often worth giving a call to the software provider to see if they're partnered with another firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

So far Cognos was considered, but then deemed too expensive by the powers that be.

It is early days as the data extracts are still being developed but I'm trying to see options before this is reconsidered in a month or two's time.

Edit: the backend is SQL based, but can be a .csv or other file format if required.

Advertisement