Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured.. Calorie intake ??

Options
  • 03-02-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Since October I have lost 19 Lbs. I did this by cutting out chocolate and other rubbish ( I was a total chocoholic) and upped my exercise . Now I'm seriously stuck . I'm carrying a bad injury which requires PRP injections . I'm getting my first one tomorrow . For the last month since I ve become totally sedentary , bar walking from the car to work and around the house etc . My weight loss has come to a complete standstill . As in no loss at all . I suppose I'm glad it hasn't gone up but I'm wondering how to try to continue to drop weight ? How many calories should I be consuming bearing in mind that I'm barely clocking up 1.5 miles a day ? I got a Fitbit for Christmas but it hasn't been tested at all really with my injury. Ideally I would like to drop another 7 lbs and would be happy with a pound a week . Given that I've not lost anything since new year I'm open to any advice .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

If you are injured don't restrict your diet without consulting with a dietician and your medical practitioner.

While you may succeed in attaining weightloss or maintenance this can have an impact on recovery time (or indeed recovery outcome). If you want to target this focus on doing so in as controlled a manner as possible that will not impede your recovery.

Advertisement