Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young farmer top up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Cow Porter wrote: »
    Is er1 needed aswell as er1.1

Ah don't tell me that.
    One in the dvo never said anything about that. What's er 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah don't tell me that.
    One in the dvo never said anything about that. What's er 1?

ER1 is for keepers-(extract from form)
    Please note: Applications in joint names will not be accepted. In all cases one individual only must be nominated in the role of the “keeper” of the animals and be responsible for the herd/flock.
    I'm guessing this will be needed for the New Entrant Young Farmers but not National Reserve/Young Farmers.

ER1.1 is to apply for herdowner status or joint herdnumer.

Kovu wrote: »
    ER1 is for keepers-(extract from form)

I'm guessing this will be needed for the New Entrant Young Farmers but not National Reserve/Young Farmers.

ER1.1 is to apply for herdowner status or joint herdnumer.

Have er1.1, cow porter mentioned er1 aswell but haven't seen anything about that.
    Where was that last quote from?

Have er1.1, cow porter mentioned er1 aswell but haven't seen anything about that.
    Where was that last quote from?

Extract above is from ER1 form. So if you're joining your dad number instead of your own, pretty sure you won't need ER1.
    This is the start of form ER1 here

yztHSCuh.png

Extract above is from ER1 form. So if you're joining your dad number instead of your own, pretty sure you won't need ER1.
    This is the start of form ER1 here

yztHSCuh.png

And here's 1.1

• Advertisement

What was the question again :D

Ah no, I don't think ER1 is needed unless you have no herd number at all.

What was the question again :D

Ah no, I don't think ER1 is needed unless you have no herd number at all.

I dunno I confused myself again.
    That's ok so.
    Now to figure how to fill out the er1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Englebert Humperdink

When this payment came out I was delighted, I took over the family farm in 2011. Unfortunatly I didn't have the green cert done in time to avail of the installation aid grant which was €15k at the time. The Teagasc lads said not to worry as they would bring in another scheme soon . This young farmer scheme opened in Jan this year. I applied straight away but now my planner tells me that the five years of the scheme starts from the date you start farming. That means I'll only be eligible for one years payment. I have to say I'm raging😡

When this payment came out I was delighted, I took over the family farm in 2011. Unfortunatly I didn't have the green cert done in time to avail of the installation aid grant which was €15k at the time. The Teagasc lads said not to worry as they would bring in another scheme soon . This young farmer scheme opened in Jan this year. I applied straight away but now my planner tells me that the five years of the scheme starts from the date you start farming. That means I'll only be eligible for one years payment. I have to say I'm raging😡
    "Forgotten farmers" is what you are.
    Even if you started 2 years ago you only get this for 3.
    If I was in your shoes I'd be pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Do you need to provide the actual green cert to apply for this ??? or will proof of gaining it do does anyone know ???

• Advertisement

solerina wrote: »
    Do you need to provide the actual green cert to apply for this ??? or will proof of gaining it do does anyone know ???

Proof you have it or will have started it by 30th Sept 2016. There are also quite a few other qualifications that cover you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Englebert Humperdink

I applied for both schemes anyway. Even 1 year is better than nothing, should be entitled to a top up from National Reserve too. Not a lot but every little is a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

solerina wrote: »

Yes. I applied during the week on agfood and you have to upload a PDF or image of the actual cert. Must also state date of the award.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Yes. I applied during the week on agfood and you have to upload a PDF or image of the actual cert. Must also state date of the award.

Could you photoshop it? Save yourself €2100 doing the course and a lot of time. If you do a convincing job are front line public servants paid enough to care and check up on it.

AP2014 wrote: »
    Could you photoshop it? Save yourself €2100 doing the course and a lot of time. If you do a convincing job are front line public servants paid enough to care and check up on it.

Yes.......what we all want is advice on committing fraud :pac:

Yes.......what we all want is advice on committing fraud :pac:

Sure it's only fraud if you get caught Kovu. Was there not a thread here a few nights ago where there was a queue of lads recommending signing a dead man's signature so a tractor could be inherited.

Sure it's only fraud if you get caught Kovu. Was there not a thread here a few nights ago where there was a queue of lads recommending signing a dead man's signature so a tractor could be inherited.

Ah now AP, to be fair there's a bit of a difference between signing your deceased fathers signature and photoshopping yourself false documents for monetary gain over a period of time. Sure, they can both be classified as fraud but I think they'd have a bit more leniency if caught for a once off signature compared to an ongoing planned outright lie!

Ah now AP, to be fair there's a bit of a difference between signing your deceased fathers signature and photoshopping yourself false documents for monetary gain over a period of time. Sure, they can both be classified as fraud but I think they'd have a bit more leniency if caught for a once off signature compared to an ongoing planned outright lie!

Is there? Your deceased father definitely can't sign a document. While I as a living being could have completed an ag course. Surely if we are both caught, the guy that is alive surely could have completed the course but the dead guy signing stuff? Sure now that's just crazy :D

Is there? Your deceased father definitely can't sign a document. While I as a living being could have completed an ag course. Surely if we are both caught, the guy that is a live surely could have competed the course but the dead guy signing stuff? Sure now that's just crazy :D

Could have completed but haven't and are falsely claiming that you have for monetary benefit? I haven't read that other thread so I don't really know what's going on in it, but I'd hazard a guess that you'd get much harsher treatment if you were caught photoshopping college documents.

Could have completed but haven't and are falsely claiming that you have for monetary benefit? I haven't read that other thread so I don't really know what's going on in it, but I'd hazard a guess that you'd get much harsher treatment if you were caught photoshopping college documents.

As a mod here I take it with a pinch of salt that you missed that other thread. :eek: The name of it was "Inherited Tractor" to jog your memory.

I agree with you but though each scenario is technically for financial gain.

Anyway you have called me out and I am too lazy to complete the course and after reading the small print I am already a new farmer 2 years so only have 3 years of benefits. Daft stuff.....the guys here without entitlements must be raging.

• Advertisement

As a mod here I take it with a pinch of salt that you missed that other thread. :eek: The name of it was "Inherited Tractor" to jog your memory.

I agree with you but though each scenario is technically for financial gain.

Anyway you have called me out and I am too lazy to complete the course and after reading the small print I am already a new farmer 2 years so only have 3 years of benefits. Daft stuff.....the guys here without entitlements must be raging.

You think I read every thread? LOL.

You have until Sep 2016 to start a course to qualify you, although as you would only get three years, would it be worth it if you offset the course cost & days off work? Bearing in mind it might be useful for some other paperwork down the road.

You think I read every thread? LOL.

You have until Sep 2016 to start a course to qualify you, although as you would only get three years, would it be worth it if you offset the course cost & days off work? Bearing in mind it might be useful for some other paperwork down the road.

No doubt it could be useful now or in the future. I will have to look into alright in a serious way besides photoshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Yeah I was looking into it today going to ring the fella who does sfp for us tommorow.
    Also if your farm has low value entitlements you can apply to bring them up to average.
    And if you have land with none you can apply through national reserve!

What's the story if you have higher than average value entitlements on some land, and no entitlements on other land at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

simx wrote: »
    What's the story if you have higher than average value entitlements on some land, and no entitlements on other land at all

Your entitlements are averaged over all the land you declare, if your entitlements workout at less than the average for the country, it'll be increased a bit by 2020, if it's more than the average, like mine, it'll be cut:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I'm a bit confused with all this at the moment. Our entitlements are worth 198e at the moment but we have a lot of them. Being a qualified young farmer if I was to take over the farm this year would I be able to apply to the national reserve to get the entitlements up to 250e aswell as the young farmer top up?

I'm a bit confused with all this at the moment. Our entitlements are worth 198e at the moment but we have a lot of them. Being a qualified young farmer if I was to take over the farm this year would I be able to apply to the national reserve to get the entitlements up to 250e aswell as the young farmer top up?

I think so . That's what I'll be trying, one is national reserve one is young farmer scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

If you are a qualified young farmer with an off farm income of less than 40k your first 50 entitlements will be increased to 310 euro approx. and the remainder up to the national average of 250 euro approx. up to 90 entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

patrickn wrote: »
    If you are a qualified young farmer with an off farm income of less than 40k your first 50 entitlements will be increased to 310 euro approx. and the remainder up to the national average of 250 euro approx. up to 90 entitlements.

Goodman! Is the 310 for the first 50 entitlements 250e plus 60approx for the 25% top up for 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

Goodman! Is the 310 for the first 50 entitlements 250e plus 60approx for the 25% top up for 5 years?

Yes if you set up in 2015 ie . first year and the 250 euro per entitlement will continue for however long this CAP agreement lasts after the 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Thanks, Lets hope there is a way of getting a new cert so...cant find the original !!

Advertisement