Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Manziel in Rehab

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Browns going to cut him:
    In a statement released early Tuesday afternoon, new Browns executive director of football operations Sashi Brown addressed the latest early morning incident that included an altercation between Manziel and his girlfriend and a police helicopter searching for Manziel in the Dallas area.

“We’ve been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field,” the statement said. “Johnny’s continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Translation: Manziel’s two years of embarrassing the Browns are about over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/02/browns-say-theyre-tired-of-manziels-antics/

His Agent has dropped him:
    “It is with deep regret that, after several emotional and very personal discussions with his family, his doctors, and my client himself, I have made the decision to terminate my professional relationship with Johnny Manziel,” Burkhardt said. “Though I will remain a friend and Johnny supporter, and he knows I have worked tirelessly to arrange a number of professional options for him to continue to pursue, it has become painfully obvious that his future rests solely in his own hands. His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it the function of my work is counterproductive. I truly wish the best for Johnny and sincerely hope he can, and will, find the kind of peace and happiness he deserves.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/johnny-manziels-agent-dumps-him/

Because of:
    The ex-girlfriend of NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel told police that the Heisman Trophy winner told her "shut up or I'll kill us both" after forcing her into a car, hitting her and dragging her by the hair.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-manziel-threatened-ex-girlfriend/32613842

For which Dallas police do look like they will open a criminal investigation now:

http://dpdbeat.com/2016/02/05/statement-regarding-johnny-manziel-2/

Turns out he's a scumbag as well as a bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now that we know he will treat women like that he'll probably get signed by the Dallas Cowboys. Perfect fit!

They'll probably get Greg Hardy to mentor him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Now that we know he will treat women like that he'll probably get signed by the Dallas Cowboys. Perfect fit!

They'll probably get Greg Hardy to mentor him.

Now that would be a true match made if heaven if there ever was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Silver was reporting earlier that Manziel showed up drunk to practice 3 days before the last regular season game of the season and the Browns lied and said he was in concussion protocol instead and that's the reason why he was sent home and thus absent from the facility.

The Browns have heavily refuted that they lied to cover him (but not that he was intoxicated or hung over), but Silver is sticking to bulk of his report (that Manziel was drunk at practice) though says he regrets using the term "lied" as he isn't privvy to the conversation that Manziel had with the medical professional(s).

PleasedCraftyDiamondbackrattlesnake.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/11/cleveland-browns-cut-johnny-manziel-nfl

Waived / cut

I will be surprised if he makes an active roster to start next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ryan Leaf part 2. He'll try but he'll never be an elite NFL qb.

1460989767-Capture.JPG?q=50&auto=format&w=900

Johnny having the craic at Coachella. Doesn't seem terribly bothered about getting back in the league.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/18/johnny-manziel-parties-at-coachella-as-latest-nfl-chance-ticks-away/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

At this stage he is just a one man soap opera, no way he gets on a roster this year. I honestly think if you were to offer all 32 teams Manziel or Tebow as backup at this stage they would all go for Tebow

He's a spoilt rich kid who never would have had to work a day in his life even if he had never found football. The vast majority of people in that situation are impossible to motivate and Manziel is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

coco1981 wrote: »
    At this stage he is just a one man soap opera, no way he gets on a roster this year. I honestly think if you were to offer all 32 teams Manziel or Tebow as backup at this stage they would all go for Tebow

Every team would pick Tebow. Manziel may possess more skill and ability than Tebow, but Tebow has the heart, determination and will give you 100%. You can't be taught these things unfortunately.

• Advertisement

CgZ0as6UUAE4NZe.jpg

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Serious weightloss in three months

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/26/us/johnny-manziel-indicted/index.html

Indicted by Grand Jury.

Tebow / Richardson / Manziel

I need a new project. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/26/us/johnny-manziel-indicted/index.html

Indicted by Grand Jury.

Tebow / Richardson / Manziel

I need a new project. :pac:

Your name might seem a little ironic to your various projects....;)

At this stage he is just boring.

At the start it was kinda interesting, young man, world at his feet, rebellious, good to see a bit of colour, the anti hero etc. etc. I was rooting for him, could he battle those demons. But now he's just a parody of himself, a drunken clown that had chance after chance and kept deciding that he'd rather pi55 it away. Whether it be in 6 months (in which case he'd still have time to make a go of it), or 6 years, or when the money runs out, he will have so many regrets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm not sure if you guys have seen but apparently Jamarcus Russell wrote a letter to the Cowboys asking to try out.. he last played in 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I was the same cheering him on, he was funny and cocky, but now hes just a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I'm not sure if you guys have seen but apparently Jamarcus Russell wrote a letter to the Cowboys asking to try out.. he last played in 2009

Saw that earlier, said he would lead the scout team for a year for free to get back in the NFL. I wonder has he worked his way through the reported $40 odd million he earned already or does he genuinely want a chance at some sort of redemption. Must be hard knowing your name is a byword for failure

He did the same in 2013 (attempted a comeback) which was documented by Bleacher Report. It was quite interesting. Episode 1 is below, the others are easy enough to find too:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1526127-comeback-2013-jamarcus-russells-road-back-to-the-nfl-episode-1

He had a tryout with the Bears that year but no other team showed any interest.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I was the same cheering him on, he was funny and cocky, but now hes just a joke

I always like that streak of arrogance and rebellion in a player with ability. Used to train underage football teams and my favourite players were the ones with that mix of attitude and skill. Not the water carriers who would turn up at every training session but had no...spirit. But you'd still see it at that level, the ones who fell away and the ones who would drop the childishness eventually but retained the technique and channelled their anger in the proper way. Had one player who went on to become an inter county footballer with an All Ireland medal, as a 15 year old he would swear in the face of the ref, but he eventually knuckled down. But Manziel is at the stage where no one can trust any assurance he'll give, all his claims seem shallow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I always like that streak of arrogance and rebellion in a player with ability. Used to train underage football teams and my favourite players were the ones with that mix of attitude and skill. Not the water carriers who would turn up at every training session but had no...spirit. But you'd still see it at that level, the ones who fell away and the ones who would drop the childishness eventually but retained the technique and channelled their anger in the proper way. Had one player who went on to become an inter county footballer with an All Ireland medal, as a 15 year old he would swear in the face of the ref, but he eventually knuckled down. But Manziel is at the stage where no one can trust any assurance he'll give, all his claims seem shallow.

Its the same with rugby, I see it with young lads, I can spot the guys who are going to be stars and those who wont. A lad on our team had all the talent in the world and a cocky attitude, but he burnt out at senior level purely cause he thought he could continue drinking and not training that he got away with the previous years at underage. He doesnt play senior now with us only plays J2. This is a guy who was thought of as a future Ireland player, his attitude just stank, like a sound lad, but I had no time for him rugby wise, hes a guy who got away with murder at underage from coaches and I called it when he joined up with us, was all good being the cool kid underage but once your join the adults you just dont get away with it.
    Like yourself, I dont mind anger, Im quiet angry myself playing sports(when I started playing rugby at j2 they players couldnt understand why i didnt want a drink after losing, but its what got me starting for seniors, the coaches loved me), what I hate is lack of focus

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Played ? That's a bit of a stretch there heli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Was it Paul Galvin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Looking pretty rough this week. Looks to have no interest in attempting a comeback.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/johnny-manziel-appears-shockingly-thin-partying-las-vegas-article-1.2643925

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Looking pretty rough this week. Looks to have no interest in attempting a comeback.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/johnny-manziel-appears-shockingly-thin-partying-las-vegas-article-1.2643925

Thread over by the looks of it.

This from last night apparently. Kicked out of a club in Vegas for punching somebody.

I had thought the Manziel news had died down the past few weeks, but it's occurred to me that all this is still happening - sports sites have just given up reporting it. He's no longer seen as relevant NFL news it seems. And I guess that's justified if he has no interest in a comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Johnny has a billionaire dad so he's probably quite happy to live the playboy/alcoholic life than bust his ass in the NFL

Hazys wrote: »
    Johnny has a billionaire dad so he's probably quite happy to live the playboy/alcoholic life than bust his ass in the NFL

Not that there's much difference between millionaire and billionaire to a 9-5 pleb like myself, but I don't think he's anywhere near a billionaire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Maybe not a billionaire but apparently his family has significant wealth.

Advertisement