Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in the Real World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

The very best of luck to you! Don't be eating any chilli or fajitas for breakfast on Sunday morning!

I have a load of strawberries in the fridge ready to go so hopefully I'll see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The best of Luck on Sunday A , You've but in all the hard work, enjoy .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Neady83 wrote: »
    Hitting for Dublin tomorrow with no LSR done since mid-September due to a torn muscle and nursing some niggles so not quite sure how Sunday will pan out but I'll be delighted to get around.

Good luck and enjoy it :) Am sure the fitness is still there and 26.2 is no distance to you!

Anna has my good lucks via a different channel, but I'll just say that I think the true MP will work out a bit below 9:30. I wrote it here first!

Hope to see you both round the KCR but can make no promises on fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Younganne wrote: »
    Best of luck on Sunday Anna, you have had great training so enjoy the run and remember if things get a little hairy , dont give in to it, push on and "don't be left wondering";)

Thanks Anne... great to see you today at the expo and thanks for the great advice... your voice will be in my head when things get hairy :D

Neady83 wrote: »
    Anna ..... I've been very absent from Boards and my own log. You've the hay in the barn and DCM 2017 will be your year :)

Hitting for Dublin tomorrow with no LSR done since mid-September due to a torn muscle and nursing some niggles so not quite sure how Sunday will pan out but I'll be delighted to get around.

Planning to line up with the 4 hour pacer and see how I go - I'll be wearing black shirt and an orange t-shirt. What are you wearing? just in case we end up running side by side and I don't recognise you.

Neady, great to hear from you!!! Hope your niggles hold up on Sunday... you're made of tough stuff. Think I will be wearing this year's Charleville tshirt (turquoise/light blue), black shorts... sunglasses even if it's cloudy and probably my grubby white running cap if there's any hint of sun... :p. Hope to see you along the way... although I will be 10 mins behind you at least... are you going to McGrattans after??

• Advertisement

chickey2 wrote: »
    The very best of luck to you! Don't be eating any chilli or fajitas for breakfast on Sunday morning!

I have a load of strawberries in the fridge ready to go so hopefully I'll see you.

:pac: I've learned my lesson, sticking to the porridge. Hope to see you along the way!

Good luck and enjoy it :) Am sure the fitness is still there and 26.2 is no distance to you!

Anna has my good lucks via a different channel, but I'll just say that I think the true MP will work out a bit below 9:30. I wrote it here first!

Hope to see you both round the KCR but can make no promises on fruit.

:eek: scurrying off now to see what that translates to in time...

Seriously, M, thanks for the encouragement and the vote of confidence :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Decided to go with the 4.10 pace group so it seems we might seeing a lot of each other on Sunday!....Best of luck Anna. Probably catch up tmw at PR so can discuss tactics then:)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Decided to go with the 4.10 pace group so it seems we might seeing a lot of each other on Sunday!....Best of luck Anna. Probably catch up tmw at PR so can discuss tactics then:)

Excellent, R, delighted you are making it to the starting line... caught a glimpse of you at the expo earlier but didn't get a chance to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Good luck Anna! Hope you have a great race, and see you in McGrattans afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

All the very best Anna tomorrow. Quiet the adventure at this stage. Enjoy it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Best of luck tomorrow A, hope it goes really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Best of luck tomorrow Anna. "Mr Meno" will do you proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Best of luck tomorrow ! I’ll cheering you on from the sidelines !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Sending you loads of good vibes for tomorrow, hope it's a good day out for you. As someone said already, the hay is in the barn. Already looking forward to your report of a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck tomorrow Anna. Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Enjoy the race - best of luck and hope it all goes your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Best of luck Anna! Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Best of luck tomorrow Anna :) knock it out of the park

• Advertisement

Saturday, Oct 28
    All over now bar the running. Bags packed, clothes sorted for before and after, lift organised. Is it too early to go to bed... is there any point? :p

Time to declare the goals... I feel like if I went with the 4:20 pacers, I would be confident. But I've been training for 4:08 so I'm going to go with the 4:10 pacers and hope for a repeat of 2015, where I stuck with them until Merrion Road, then left them behind. I'm going to keep that memory front of mind!

Strategy -- as someone else said, easy, easy, easy from the start... and don't let the head get in the way when things get hairy!

PB: 4:08:30 (2015)

Goals for tomorrow:
    A: 4:08:29 :)
    B: < 4:15
    C: < 4:30

Not only have I followed the Meno plan, but the runner formerly known as Meno might even be one of the 4:10 pacers... not sure if that's a good omen or not :)

I read over my log pre-DCM 2015 and the day before I was lacking confidence, concerned that I hadn't followed the plan religiously, missed key sessions, etc... sounds familiar :D

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and especially for the votes of confidence. Very best of luck to everyone running tomorrow... it's great to know there will be so many familiar faces along the way!

What a fantastic event DCM is and how lucky are we to be looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

annapr wrote: »

Not only have I followed the Meno plan, but the runner formerly known as Meno might even be one of the 4:10 pacers... not sure if that's a good omen or not :)

He is, I'm not sure if it is either :D:D

He is, I'm not sure if it is either :D:D

Saw him at the expo yesterday, think it might be more pressure on him than on me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Good luck today Anna!

Well, that didn't go to plan... first 10 miles were great, started feeling sick suddenly at 10 miles, told myself it was all in my head, but had to pull out after about 14 miles... and took a long bus ride back into town and did the walk of shame past all the parkrun volunteers at the bag drop... explaining why I was there with the 3 hour runners.... :(

No regrets about the decision, but disgusted all the same. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well, that didn't go to plan... first 10 miles were great, started feeling sick suddenly at 10 miles, told myself it was all in my head, but had to pull out after about 14 miles... and took a long bus ride back into town and did the walk of shame past all the parkrun volunteers at the bag drop... explaining why I was there with the 3 hour runners.... :(

Ah sorry to hear that. I was tracking you and hoped it was the tracker that was broken rather than you! Glad you're alright now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

It sucks, it really does, glad you're okay though, Anne & I were getting very worried! Have a rest and mind yourself and see you on 25th (you can race that instead....)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Sorry to hear that Anna. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Ah feck, that's a real pity now....crikey the marathon was taking no prisoners today. Hope you're not too down over it as completely out of your control that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Sorry to hear Anna, myself and BG (coincidental meeting) were waiting at Rathgar wondering where you were. I even had some mandarins for you!

Relieved to hear you are in one piece as we were worried. There will be other races.

Advertisement