Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL on CAO choices anyone?

Options
  • 02-02-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Just wondering who has UL on their cao. I have applied languages, languages and literature, and European studies. Anyone else with these courses ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

UL is my first and secound choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

UL is like my first six choices!

I don't even have six choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orangey24

what courses are yous looking to do ? :)

Business , you? :)

• Advertisement

I'm between Law Plus and Journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

1st choice in mine .. Financial mathematics

I'm between Law Plus and Journalism

Law Plus is meant to be a really good coarse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I have Arts, Applied Languages and European Studies down, I'm leaning towards the latter because it combines a bit of european study, law, sociology and then the languages. Plus the points are relatively low (375) compared to Applied languages and Arts (around 440)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Bio and Agri concurrent teachin anyone ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

UL is my first chice and then have 3 more UL courses down too :) has anyone booked accomadation?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

all i know is accomadation is refundable! and it could cost either 90 in a house on campus or 130 per week in apartments in the student block - with the apartment you have your own room and own bathroom asweel, a speaker came to our school and said to book aroujnd end of feb/mar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mary V

UL is my first and second, International Business is 1, and BBS is 2. Booked my accomodation on Monday, hope to get Dromroe! :)

Mary V wrote: »
    UL is my first and second, International Business is 1, and BBS is 2. Booked my accomodation on Monday, hope to get Dromroe! :)

Same first choice as me, doubt I'll get 470 though!

Almen11 wrote: »
    Same first choice as me, doubt I'll get 470 though!

I've booked aswell.. 1st choice is dromroe

Can I ask why you guys have Dromroe first? Still trying to decide between them but gearing towards Kilmury because of the price/closeness to gym and campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mary V

Can I ask why you guys have Dromroe first? Still trying to decide between them but gearing towards Kilmury because of the price/closeness to gym and campus.

I went for Dromroe because its so close to the kemmy business school, plus its close to campus, and ill have my own bathroom and a double bed. I know its pricey, but ill literally know nobody there, so its the safest option i think! :)

i can see your point about the gym tho, dromroe is a fair walk to the arena. I put thomond second, kinda regretting it now! :)

Because dromroe is closest to the main lectures and you get your own bathroom

I have plassey first and then kiilmurry and not sure after that can't really remember !

I put Kilmury first because I heard its mostly first years :)

• Advertisement

I have Arts, Applied Languages and European Studies down, I'm leaning towards the latter because it combines a bit of european study, law, sociology and then the languages. Plus the points are relatively low (375) compared to Applied languages and Arts (around 440)

I have applied languages and european studies down too :) I really want applied langauges but yea 440 is very high for me. Hoping that some chance it may come down.

Yea I like thats there's lots of options for european studies but I'm struggling between Languages and Literature or it to go second. I researched both a lot but i just cannot decide. I would choose law and sociology, would be interesting but then at same time unsure if law would be a bit heavy going while having 2 languages.

Username44 wrote: »
    Business , you? :)

(1) Applied Languages
    (2) Languages and Literature
    (3) European Studies

Really hope I get no.1 :)

For European Studies I think I'd do:

Sociology
    Law
    French
    Spanish

For European Studies I think I'd do:

Sociology
    Law
    French
    Spanish

exactly what I'd choose to :) Do you know what qualifications you could get out of sociology or law after the four years? Like if you could get some career out of it if you understand me..

I don't think you are qualified in any career, it's a Bachelor of Arts. I presume you could work in linguistics or something, but you'd need to do a masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

My first two choices on my CAO are both in U.L. Was wondering if anyone is going there and if so, is the accommodation booked?

My first two choices are also UL. I've booked my accomodation .. My first choice is dromroe village

Nice one, what have you down? When should I be booking do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

You will get accommodation down there easily after you get your results. Its in no shortage down there. Unless you are looking for campus I'd be applying as soon as possible!

• Advertisement

Yeah I really want on campus! Unfortunately dealing with my father, hens teeth etc etc

Advertisement