Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myhome.ie and daft.ie - is there any point in checking both?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Yes, but that's because it was on the market for ages before I contacted the agency about it. If the estate agent is going sale agreed before it properly hits the market and allows the market to decide its value then I would fire the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I found in general about half the properties I was contacting estate agents via Daft/MyHome were sale agreed already - could have even been higher than that tbh.

The only ones I actually got anywhere with via those sites that were still available were properties that had literally just gone up. And it was clear when I contacted the EAs that they'd already shown them to other folks at that point as there were offers.

Either way, I was just noting that it's a good idea to engage with estate agents and let them know what you are looking for so you can get on their lists for anything that's coming up in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Fair enough though properties are selling very quickly and I think that is the reason for what you have experienced. I put my property on the market last week and expect to go sale agreed tomorrow - basically wrapped up in a week. 3 bidders bid on it before the first viewing. No-one was informed it was being sold before it went up on daft / myhome.

Advertisement