Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Petermc83

flying at 6am Wednesday morning, Dublin - Charlotte - Vegas.. cannot wait now at this stage.. going to be epic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

For what it is worth, here is another MMA writer with an update this morning:

https://twitter.com/thedkano/status/615751778022219776

I still feel that Aldo cannot pass up on a possible $4million payday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I still feel that Aldo cannot pass up on a possible $4million payday.

NSAC may not give Aldo the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Bob Bennett has almost 100% confirmed that NSAC will not stand in Aldo's way if he feels he is okay to fight.

Plus UFC have enormous pull in NSAC. Marc Ratner and Lorenzo still have really good relationships and connections with the NSAC from their days there.

Also NSAC like money and McGregor equals MONEY.

P.S. Im being as optimistic as I can that Aldo will fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Seems to getting more and more positive on the will he won't he fight front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Bob Bennett has almost 100% confirmed that NSAC will not stand in Aldo's way if he feels he is okay to fight.

Plus UFC have enormous pull in NSAC. Marc Ratner and Lorenzo still have really good relationships and connections with the NSAC from their days there.

Also NSAC like money and McGregor equals MONEY.

P.S. Im being as optimistic as I can that Aldo will fight.

Pretty apt username right there so! :)

I too am feeling much more optimistic of Aldo fighting now, i guess we will know soon if Aldo is due to train?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

well they let manny pacquiao fight with a dodgy shoulder , they just wouldn't let him have a pain killing injection

peteeeed wrote: »
    well they let manny pacquiao fight with a dodgy shoulder , they just wouldn't let him have a pain killing injection

I don't think he disclosed it

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I think the fight will go ahead but let's be honest here, Aldo will not be 100% of that there is no doubt he just cannot be.

So what we will get is a watered down fight, Mcgregor will likely win but it will be a hollow victory as far as I am concerned, the real fully fit Aldo is who I want to see step into the octagon, not some patched up guy fighting through the pain.

However if by some miracle Aldo pulls it off carrying this injury well then it will be an enormous win and will put Conor firmly in his place.

I reckon though Mcgregor will win handy enough and we will know nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

youtube! wrote: »
    I think the fight will go ahead but let's be honest here, Aldo will not be 100% of that there is no doubt he just cannot be.

So what we will get is a watered down fight, Mcgregor will likely win but it will be a hollow victory as far as I am concerned, the real fully fit Aldo is who I want to see step into the octagon, not some patched up guy fighting through the pain.

However if by some miracle Aldo pulls it off carrying this injury well then it will be an enormous win and will put Conor firmly in his place.

I reckon though Mcgregor will win handy enough and we will know nothing new.
    Fighters often carry injuries into fights. For all we know Conor may be carrying an injury into the fight. Would not be the first time just list to JK on the mma hour yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If there wasn't a leak in his camp me may never have heard about all this. The fact its disclosed to the commission, he can probably get pain relief up to the fight. If Aldo is indeed thinking of retiring after this he might not crib about his injury however he might at a later point after a break to get another big payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    If there wasn't a leak in his camp me may never have heard about all this.

This.

John Kavanagh was on The MMA Hour yesterday and said what has most likely happened here is that because Aldo is in such a big gym and has brought new guys in to help him prepare, that this stuff will invariably get leaked. He also said it's absolutely nothing new for fighters to pick up knocks pre-fight, be sent to hospital for checks etc, but due to the aforementioned reasons Aldo's injury was leaked out.

If you have a tight camp, this stuff doesn't tend to happen. Look at McGregor pre-UFC 178 for example. He tore ligaments in his thumb almost the exact same timeline out from the fight that Aldo got hurt, but nothing got out until he was seen with his hand wrapped on Embedded which generated a few comments, all of which were denied by McGregor and his camp.

"Aldo wasn't 100%" is going to be the new "McGregor hasn't fought anyone yet" bollocks spouted if he wins. :rolleyes: The reality is, rarely will you find a fighter at 100% when he steps into the cage, it's just most of them manage to keep their injuries under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

David Kano on Twitter saying that he heard from reliable sources that Aldo definitely won't make it. Now I don't know how legit this Kano guy is so don't shoot the messenger.

Roaster wrote: »
    David Kano on Twitter saying that he heard from reliable sources that Aldo definitely won't make it. Now I don't know how legit this Kano guy is so don't shoot the messenger.

Goes against all the recent positivity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I'm going to to avoid following any of the ups, downs, ins and outs of the rumours till there's official announcements. I have no faith in there being any media responsibility about this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Never even heard of him. Who is he? And what potential sources does he have? Surely the only sources would be Brazilian ones, at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The way i see it is there is 3 things that happened

1. he's not injured at all and it was a masterstroke to get everyone talking about the fight-Free advertising

2. He's going to retire and is injured and will happily take his biggest pay day then disappear rich

3. He doesn't plan on quitting and is injured, he'll put this off with the hope that Mendes loses so he can have the big money fight in a few months, and after beating Mendes it will be a bigger fight as the legitimacy question will have been answered.

Either way i'm just excited regardless who fights

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://youtu.be/iZMd1afgL3U

Anyone else heading to this on Thursday? Really looking for to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cyborg v Rousey could be bigger than aldo McGregor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aside from McGregor, I am looking forward to Neil Seery dishing out a good beating. At least we know he'll be there.... Right???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

That_Guy wrote: »
    Aside from McGregor, I am looking forward to Neil Seery dishing out a good beating. At least we know he'll be there.... Right???

pity its on fight pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

The fight is 1/6 in Paddy Power to go ahead !!

Cannot wait !!!

One week left in work

• Registered Users Posts: 39,052 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    Cyborg v Rousey could be bigger than aldo McGregor

I asked Mike Dolce if Cyborg can make 135. He said "yes, definitely"
    I then rephrased and asked if she could make it on her current medical-plan. " Nope, and I she's little interest in going that route"
    He said he spoke to her team two years ago, and told them what they needed to do. But she's no closer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

wats the thoughts on the new kits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Not sure if posted anywhere else (if so apologies)

McGregor's ring attire
    the-reebok-gear-unveiled-today

Not sure if posted anywhere else (if so apologies)

McGregor's ring attire
    the-reebok-gear-unveiled-today

Looks like one of them bloody GAA Cúl Camp jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Seriously awful gear,

He's wearing a hoody on the reebok website cant seem to find a link for it
    Any body know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

If the terrible t-shirts are $80 I don't wanna know what the hoodies cost :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

wats the thoughts on the new kits ?

Not a fan, just like everybody else I imagine. The individuality of people's shorts was something I really enjoyed, the likes of Liddell, Ortiz, Penn etc all had cool individual shorts which set them apart. Not anymore unfortunately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement