Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Sold my tickets as couldn't justify the cost after just having a baby :(

Just wondering what bars in Dublin are likely to be showing the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Never let that kid live this down.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Knex. wrote: »
    Never let that kid live this down.

:pac:
    Stop. Between that and saving for a mortgage. I don't think theres been an event i could imagine a better atmosphere at and all the stuff around fight week happening too. Having major regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Havent booked my hotel yet. Cant decide between staying on the strip or close to Fremont street.Would rather not have to go far at the end of the night so waiting to see where the after party will be held

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Stop. Between that and saving for a mortgage. I don't think theres been an event i could imagine a better atmosphere at and all the stuff around fight week happening too. Having major regrets!

Sell the baby? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I feel your pain dude, sold mine too. Couldn't justify the costs as saving deposit for house and best mate who was going to come got engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

What restaurants do the regular Vegas goers recommend? Can't wait to stuff my face over there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm never growing up fuarrrk that ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dulux99 wrote: »
    What restaurants do the regular Vegas goers recommend? Can't wait to stuff my face over there

Gordon Ramsey's get good reviews. I had a fabulous 3 course french meal for $49 in Paris.

But if you are looking for pure excess over fine dining, then thete's the "heart attack grill" on Fremont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Heartattack Grill on Freemont ST

You only live once

http://www.heartattackgrill.com

I have never visited Vegas and I'm not responisble for your heart, so take this recommendation with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Sell the baby? :pac::pac:
    brinty wrote: »
    I feel your pain dude, sold mine too. Couldn't justify the costs ....

500px-Surprised-reaction-guy-l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

nocoverart wrote: »

You only live once

take this recommendation with a pinch of salt .

I doubt it will be short on salt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I was there recently and I had two very good meals in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. The first was in Holsteins which is a very good burger place and the second is Jaleo which is a tapas restaurant. You'll probably have to book them both just to be on the safe side, especially Jaleo which is very busy. Both are reasonably priced in Vegas terms. I would have to recommend the Cosmopolitan as well, it's a beautiful hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

You only live once

I have never visited Vegas and I'm not responisble for your heart, so take this recommendation with a pinch of salt.

I was there. It does what it says on the tin. It's not fine dining but it's a fun experience. There's a massive weighing scales outside of it and if you are over a certain weight (350lbs I think) then you can eat free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I was there. It does what it says on the tin. It's not fine dining but it's a fun experience. There's a massive weighing scales outside of it and if you are over a certain weight (350lbs I think) then you can eat free.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsey's get good reviews. I had a fabulous 3 course french meal for $49 in Paris.

But if you are looking for pure excess over fine dining, then thete's the "heart attack grill" on Fremont.

That place is amazing. They now have a vegetarian option............ it's cigarettes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I can recommend the Quadruple Bypass Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Burger Bar in Mandalay is class however on the upper end of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You only live once

Hit the link saw bright colours and "Spanking" and swiftly closed page!!!
    is that a NSFW type site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Cyborg fighting on the Thursday In Vegas delighted! Going to be amazing to see her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

dickwod1 wrote: »

For the 3rd time in a row, that must be rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Invicta card announced for those interested in attending:

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/invicta-fc-13-official-with-three-title-fights-headlining-including-justino-vs-van-duin?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
    The full Invicta 13 card is as follows:

Champ Cristiane Justino vs. Faith van Duin – for the featherweight title
    Irene Aldana vs. Tonya Evinger – for the vacant bantamweight title
    Champ Herica Tiburcio vs. Ayaka Hamasaki – for the atomweight title
    Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Pannie Kianzad
    Amber Brown vs. Catherine Costigan
    Amy Montenegro vs. Jamie Moyle
    Amber Leibrock vs. Marina Shafir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

Does anyone know where I can sell a ticket for the fight? I have one spare as bought two thinking the missus was coming but she cant get off work.

jamok wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can sell a ticket for the fight? I have one spare as bought two thinking the missus was coming but she cant get off work.

Sell it through ticketmaster website.
    Completely secure for the buyer so should be snapped up early

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Think will be picked up by McGregor soon enough

Translated by google. Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...o-pela-pf.html

Quote:
    Last week, UFC announced a new anti-doping control program, and one of the concerns expressed by journalists was how would they run these tests outside the US. On Thursday, an incident in Nova União team base served as an example of how this control will be difficult in Brazil. An attempt to hold a surprise test on Jose Aldo in Rio de Janeiro ended up with a notification, a fine and a notice to leave the country for the professional sent by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NAC) to collect his urine sample.

Upon arrival at the Upper gym, Nova União's headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Aldo received the news that a collector sent by the NAC was waiting to make a random test - the fighter will defend his featherweight belt (up to 66kg) in Las Vegas, in Nevada, on the 11th July at UFC 189, against Conor McGregor. The Brazilian fighter did what he was asked and collected an urine sample in a plastic pot.

However, surprised by the arrival of the collector, who had no identification linking him to the NAC, the coach and Aldo's agent, Dede Pederneiras, contacted the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA), which was also not informed about the test. According to Pederneiras, the entity called federal police, who arrived to the gym and found that the American collector, identified as Ben Mosier, from the laboratory Drug Free Sport, had not a work visa - his business visa, according to the officer who attended the site, does not give him the right to work, just hold meetings and negotiations.

Cristiano Sampaio, chief operating officer of CABMMA, came to the gym soon after, already in the early afternoon, and met with the coach, the collector and the federal police. After more than four hours of conversation in a room, it turned up that Mosier could even be deported because of the irregularity on Thursday, which did not happen. Mosier was notified, fined R$ 413.88 and notified to leave the country within eight days, leaving the gym in the evening. Combate.com tried to interview the collector, but he declined to comment on the fact. Sampaio also refused to be interviewed to explain which were the irregularities pointed out by himself in the sample collection process with Jose Aldo. A new collection will be made on Friday by CABMMA in accordance with the NAC. The sample initially taken by José Aldo was thrown away by the fighter himself before leaving the gym in the afternoon. Pederneiras defended the team's attitude in the case.

- We did everything they asked. Before everything happened, Aldo had already taken the sample, (the urine) was already in the pot. But when the Brazilian commission arrived, they saw the collection wasn't done in the way it was supposed to be done in Brazil. And there was an aggravating circumstance, because a federal officer found that the person who was here could not even be doing work, he was working without permission to work. It is the same thing as going to the US on a tourist visa or B1 / B2, from what I understand, and trying to work. I do not quite understand that part but, from what I know, he would need to have a work visa to do what he was doing here. And his situation got worse because the lab person has a problem with immigration here. We don't even get ourselves in this situation. In fact, this is a problem between the Brazilian Athletic Commission and the Nevada Commissionicon1.png. The UFC has nothing to do with this story, who makes this kind of testing is the athletic commission - explained the coach and manager.

Before the confusion, the fighter underwent the test willingly, although he found it strange that the procedure wasn't done by CABMMA. The champion had some difficulty to fill the pot and felt pissed off at times, but he said he did wasn't bothered.

- It is normal. There came a time in the sport that not only me, but also other athletes have to go through it. This is my first time here in Brazil. I think it should have been done by the Brazilian commission, because I live here. But there's no problem. That's nothing to me. Fighting, pissing, to me it's all the same thing - said Aldo.

The champion of the division to 66kg stressed that he did not apply for a license to fight in Las Vegas yet, and that the test date informed by NAC for the first test was another. José Aldo also praised the new anti-doping control policy of the Ultimate, who promised to test regularly in the organization's athletes.

- I liked it a lot. I think you have to work the right way and that's what I trust. You have to get in there and do the perfect job, regardless of what you take or not.

that's pretty interesting.
    Very stupid actinos from Aldo's team if he has nothign to hide.
    And the CABMMA saying "it's ok, we'll get a sample" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ÉIRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUUUUDDEERRRFUUUKKKKAAAAAAA

Conor McGregor
    I was random tested on May 23rd. Blood AND Urine.
    Jose Aldo Junior you little weasel. You and your weasel coach. ‪#‎AndNew‬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement