Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB1 Season 1 Off Season Schedule

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Michael Crabtree available for very little money on a trade thanks to FA! Due 1.1million next season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Advanced.
    Poll closed,draft set for Thursday at 9 so still time for scouting and trades if you haven't got who you wanted in FA.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nelbert wrote: »
    Michael Crabtree available for very little money on a trade thanks to FA! Due 1.1million next season!

trading FAs is generally frowned upon..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles got all their FA targets, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I genuinely can't believe I didn't sign Gresham...I offered that f**ker the world

• Advertisement

trading FAs is generally frowned upon..

I'll happily keep him and trade one of my other WRs! Literally threw in an offer seen as he had no others.
    I missed out on a DT which would be worth more to me than a sorry receiver like Crabtree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

surely you can't sing a FA and trade him straight a away?

Are we doing a 1 FA pickup per gameweek after the draft?

I genuinely can't believe I didn't sign Gresham...I offered that f**ker the world

Hes obviously not a fan of the screen pass offense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just curious what Eagles pay for Murray ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Did some scouting, unsure of QB or WR tbh

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    surely you can't sing a FA and trade him straight a away?

Are we doing a 1 FA pickup per gameweek after the draft?

I'm not saying I will. It would have to be the right offer to do it! His contract is so favourable for me!
    My bigger need is in another area, if the offer was right why wouldn't I take it?
    Highly unusual but if mods consider him untradeable that's ok.

It's a pure want vs need thing. Do I want another top drawer WR? Hell yes! Do I need one? No. Do I need a top drawer DT? Hell yes, do I have one no.

Still can't believe he accepted the offer!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Just curious what Eagles pay for Murray ?

We didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just assumed you got him! Ha must be gone to raiders

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Just assumed you got him! Ha must be gone to raiders

Lions got him 4 years 42m

Just to clarify what the first post says. Up to 6 years and bonus can be at most equal to salary on the offer screen (to make the deal 50/50 if you want, although I don't like giving up cap irrecovable (via cutting) cap space!)???
    Wasn't sure if this was a question or statement so just left it lol
    I'm not saying I will. It would have to be the right offer to do it! His contract is so favourable for me!
    My bigger need is in another area, if the offer was right why wouldn't I take it?
    Highly unusual but if mods consider him untradeable that's ok.

It's a pure want vs need thing. Do I want another top drawer WR? Hell yes! Do I need one? No. Do I need a top drawer DT? Hell yes, do I have one no.

Still can't believe he accepted the offer!
    Whilst there's no specific rule about trading a player just after you signed him in FA,by allowing it,it does open it up potiential to take advantage of the FA system especially this season with extension to 6 year contracts imo.
    Like for example someone with a high cap space could sign up a player on a high salary,offer little to signing bonus(so no penalty for the trade) on a 6 year deal to use purely as a bargaining/trade tool.
    Even if no human trade partner could be found, with cpu trading on they would most likely be able to get a pick for them.

It's kinda been an unwritten rule,I know cause something similiar happened to be with a player in the post season FA pool,although that was down to me changing scheme and deciding I didn't want him,did have the option to release,kept him in the end for the season though.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if this was a question or statement so just left it lol

Whilst there's no specific rule about trading a player just after you signed him in FA,by allowing it,it does open it up potiential to take advantage of the FA system especially this season with extension to 6 year contracts imo.
    Like for example someone with a high cap space could sign up a player on a high salary,offer little to signing bonus(so no penalty for the trade) on a 6 year deal to use purely as a bargaining/trade tool.
    Even if no human trade partner could be found, with cpu trading on they would most likely be able to get a pick for them.

It's kinda been an unwritten rule,I know cause something similiar happened to be with a player in the post season FA pool,although that was down to me changing scheme and deciding I didn't want him,did have the option to release,kept him in the end for the season though.

No problem. Honestly his salary makes me look at my other WRs as trade bait or cuttable but the salary I got him on would also be attractive to someone who wanted to trade me for him.
    I'll likely keep him just to annoy the lions likely completely rebuilt secondary.....

Added some more information on draft and Free Agency Post Draft
    No problem. Honestly his salary makes me look at my other WRs as trade bait or cuttable but the salary I got him on would also be attractive to someone who wanted to trade me for him.
    I'll likely keep him just to annoy the lions likely completely rebuilt secondary.....
    Ya if there was higher numbers in the league then its something that could be looked at,as with more numbers most likely there would have been better competition which would probably involve signing bonus's so cap penalties would come into play but with the cpu involved there likely not to bid on a player in FA and then give up a pick for him after,abit unpredictable like :pac:

Anyway its usually the norm to keep a guy signed from FA on your roster for 1 season before trading him unless released of course.

Advertisement