Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tue 3rd Feb Vs O'Dwyerski 8pm Colm

• 29-01-2015 4:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tough game, they beat us 5-1 after we had a complete collapse and they scored 3 goals in 10 mins while we pushed to get it to 2-2.
    I think with a disciplined performance we will win this

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules - In
    Keith -
    SteK - In
    SteMcd -
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In

Kieran -
    Al -
    Jack - In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

gettin this up early i see good we need a full team out the last two games have shown what fresh legs can do.

In

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

I'm dodgy for tomorrow at the moment lads. My back is still quite bad and haven't been able to jog on it since the game last week (walking straight has been challenge enough!).

I'll see how it is tomorrow anyway as there has been a slight improvement over the past few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

kmcattack wrote: »
    I'm dodgy for tomorrow at the moment lads. My back is still quite bad and haven't been able to jog on it since the game last week (walking straight has been challenge enough!).

I'll see how it is tomorrow anyway as there has been a slight improvement over the past few days

If you cant jog, you shouldn't be playing a game. Obviously it would be great if you can make the game but I don't get people playing with injuries. You'll either be at 60% with a risk of another few weeks or the month off. Just rest up and be 100% for the next week.

If you cant jog, you shouldn't be playing a game. Obviously it would be great if you can make the game but I don't get people playing with injuries. You'll either be at 60% with a risk of another few weeks or the month off. Just rest up and be 100% for the next week.

Nah, you're right. It would take a minor miracle for me to recover enough by tomorrow.

I just don't handle resting well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

We all wanna play! You know your body best but caution is always a good choice - we don't wanna lose you for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I cant make it tomorrow lads, have to work overtime tomorrow, tried to get out of it today but I cant unfortunately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - In
    Keith - In

SteK - In
    SteMcd -
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In

Kieran - Out
    Al - Out

Jack - In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

In.

we matched these guys for a good bit of the game the last time, but they knocked in 4 late goals and stuffed us in the end. they sat back and picked us off time and time again on the counter and they could have had 10 in the end they had so many chances.

we wont win the game if we are wide open as we were last week and as we have been for most of the season.

the other 2 teams around us play each other so we could be 3rd with a win and in good shape, going to be a really tough game though and we need to be much more compact in our own half and be work our bollix off.

a win puts us 1 point behind them, though they have 2 games in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

im a doubt for tomorrow, my back has been at me the last couple of matches.

i'll probably be there and available, but good chance i can't play for long/ come off injured.

ill see how it feels tmro anyway.

do we need some players, as we appear to have a few lads doubtful and are close to the 11??

• Advertisement

Can we get Collie and Dan Wolf for Centre mid and centre half if Kieran and Jack are out ?

Can we get Collie and Dan Wolf for Centre mid and centre half if Kieran and Jack are out ?

if Des/Keith think we need them, then ill ask!

if Des/Keith think we need them, then ill ask!
    Get a CH if you can. We need one - no two ways about it.

Cathal - In
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - In
    Keith - In

SteK - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In

Jack - In

at the moment we have 11 ,but i think Jack is one of those and may not be there.

ive asked a mate of mine, a center half to play but he has a young baby so he may not be available at short notice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

where has jack said hes not playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

No, Jack hasn't said he's out.

Kieran and Ally have posted on the thread.

Nah, you're right. It would take a minor miracle for me to recover enough by tomorrow.

I just don't handle resting well

Above from Jack.....seems pretty iron clad to me, with the quality in the opposition subs are needed irregardless of who they're to give people a break for 5 minutes.

Above from Jack.....seems pretty iron clad to me.
    That's Kieran you clown.
    jack's in.

Above from Jack.....seems pretty iron clad to me.

That's me - Kieran!

Hopefully Jack has a fully functioning back!

That's me - Kieran!

pfft much of a muchness.

• Advertisement

ive asked Collie anyway, the text hasnt delivered yet....that would make 12 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

I'm out.

not moving freely/ quickly or anything. probably up to watch but not sure yet.

Collie is not available, so at moment we still only have 11 i think???

will i try get another player up or we just play with the 11?

I'll ask Rob

hes not around either

have a centre half, boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

All in working order

huge-back.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Excellent performance from front to back I thought tonight.

Well worth the point, we contained them well for the most part, and also created a good but ourselves - nice and balanced play.

Good point.

Our best performance in a year or so in my opinion, against the best team we've played in a long long time. The workrate and tracking was two levels above what's it's been all year and many players had their best game of the season.

Created enough chances to win it and perhaps we threw away 2 points but all in all a lot to be positive about.

• Advertisement

Yeah, we played very well for large parts. Once they scored they piled forward but we dealt with it pretty well and could have got the win with Daves shot at the end

Advertisement