Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meydan thursdsy

Options
  • 28-01-2015 8:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭

Follow mdk horses tomorrow.

banaadeer 11/4
    Vercingetorix 2/1
    MUSHREQ 5/1

Are the main bets tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

marc96 wrote: »
    Follow mdk horses tomorrow.

banaadeer 11/4
    Vercingetorix 2/1
    MUSHREQ 5/1

Are the main bets tomorrow
    Vercingetorix isn't a big price, but it is my NAP of Meydan tomorrow. There's a reason Michael De Kock is fielding 3 runners in this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Cheeky Treble:

Veringetorix 17.40 2/1
    Spacious Sky 16.05 2/1
    Risk and Reward 14.30 evens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Think Pit Stop in the 3.55 has a decent chance. I know Halford thought alot of this fella when he had him. Was used as a pacemaker here last week for his stablemate over a trip to far for him and ran decent race until here tired. Should strip fitter for the outing and hopefully the quick turnaround doesnt have a negitive effect. Stable jock on today and looks a nice bet each way at 10/1 with PP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Vercingetorix isn't a big price, but it is my NAP of Meydan tomorrow. There's a reason Michael De Kock is fielding 3 runners in this race.

3 different owners

marc96 wrote: »
    3 different owners

See 1min 20sec. Doubt we will see anything as blatant today, but I would be shocked if MDK wasn't going to use the second/third string to set the pace today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Away from Meydan , 3 for me today. :
    Clockmaker 4.30 Southwell
    Vedettariat 3.05. Thurles
    Thepartysover 4.05. Thurles

Each way on each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

See 1min 20sec. Doubt we will see anything as blatant today, but I would be shocked if MDK wasn't going to use the second/third string to set the pace today.

The owner of anaerobio works for the owner of vercingetorix,part of the total family of dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Clockmaker in the 4.30 is on a seriously good mark and returning to his favourite distance. If it was a more conventional track I would be ploughing in, but I reckon its still worth a small bet at 8s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Mr pommeroy will be in front and he stays.I'm back has a great chance.jamesie at a big price to run a blinder.alareef and encipher make up my choices at maydan.like it a lot should run a big race in the first at thurles and a horse to watch in the market

Brief piece about Irish based trainer Takashi Kodama here - http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/32816/king-halford-to-strike-for-ireland-at-meydan

Says he has a team of 15 - how the hell does he afford that with what must be a stable of maybe 15 horses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Clockmaker in the 4.30 is on a seriously good mark and returning to his favourite distance. If it was a more conventional track I would be ploughing in, but I reckon its still worth a small bet at 8s

Ya 7f perfect but track unknown. If this was another track would have been a max bet. Took some of the 10s just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Brief piece about Irish based trainer Takashi Kodama here - http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/32816/king-halford-to-strike-for-ireland-at-meydan

Says he has a team of 15 - how the hell does he afford that with what must be a stable of maybe 15 horses?

Owners pay the costs. If he has 15 horses and 5 of them are rated high enough to run at Meydan then they have a few quid.

Owners pay the costs. If he has 15 horses and 5 of them are rated high enough to run at Meydan then they have a few quid.
    I know, but running with such a small stable with high fixed costs, surely the owner could send the horses to a proven top trainer for less money? Or maybe Japanese like to support their own?

Speaking of him, I see Asian Wing is out tomorrow for a new stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I know, but running with such a small stable with high fixed costs, surely the owner could send the horses to a proven top trainer for less money? Or maybe Japanese like to support their own?

Speaking of him, I see Asian Wing is out tomorrow for a new stable.

Top trainers are far more expensive to train your horse than smaller one. The owner is buying group winning fillies, training costs won't be a concern to him.

Saw that actually he isn't badly handicapped

Cest Nostre Gris tipped here by two people when fell, out now in Thurles, had a small bet for the fun of it.

Cest Nostre Gris tipped here by two people when fell, out now in Thurles, had a small bet for the fun of it.
    Awful.

Great ride from Ruby there it has to be said though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Morante 11-2 4.35
    Duty Dance 5-1 4.05

Double .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Away from Meydan , 3 for me today. :
    Clockmaker 4.30 Southwell
    Vedettariat 3.05. Thurles
    Thepartysover 4.05. Thurles

Each way on each.

1st , 2nd , 3rd!
    Nice day apart from forgetting to click EW on the treble.:o Was sure i had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Came in at 11-1, couldnt go mad with the massive unknown about the surface but cant complain, wouldnt discount him following up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

WOW, anyone see the bumper at Wincanton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Johner wrote: »
    WOW, anyone see the bumper at Wincanton?

Winner matched for 199 euro at 1000 in running, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

matthew8 wrote: »

Was leading and started to hang and looked like he was being pulled up coming into the home straight, looked unsteerable and stopped to nearly a walk. Was in about 5th and got going again, motored up the straight and got up to win going away. Looks an absolute monster, fine big stamp of a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

matthew8 wrote: »

He went waaaay off course and was behind by about 12 lengths wandering all over the track until the jockey straightened him again, then he just streaked past them all a second time. One to watch!

Edit- What johner said!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Akula 12-1 ew 5.35
    Me like .

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Thanks man had a cheeky 5er e/w on, great shout !

Aye Aye Skipper in the 6:40 is way, way down in the weights and has been going very close over the 7F on the AW. Disappointed the price wasn't a bit higher than 11/2, so only a small bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Good tipping out of Laura King!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

29/01/2015 €2.47
    18:44 Bet Winnings Reverse Forecast:
    18:40 HANDICAP (0-60) 7f 32yds - Indian Affair @ SP
    18:40 HANDICAP (0-60) 7f 32yds - Sakhees Rose @ SP €80.82
    plus29/01/2015
    18:43 Bet Winnings 18:40 HANDICAP (0-60) 7f 32yds - Sakhees Rose @ 4/1 (GP) (Win)

Includes Guaranteed Price Bonus €52.00 €5e/w
    lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Rodrigo De Torres in the 7.40 for me at 14s.
    Looks the best handicapped horse in the race and has been creeping back into form in lower grade races.
    Lovely draw for this front runner and if tuned up could give a good account.

Well backed favourite New Rich has shot up the weights following a hat-trick but hard to know how much improvement is left for the 6 year old, handicapper hopefully has caught up with him. Wouldn't be mad about the rest at the top of the market, all look reasonably held by the handicapper and not obviously open to improvement.
    Regardless of tonights run, I'd say RDTs day will be soon so keep an eye out.

Edit- shocking stuff altogether. New Rich wins it easy as.

Advertisement