Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get 1GB free Dropbox space

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Yay. Downloaded both apps (and deleted them straight after!) and now have 4 extra GB of space. Got one with first app and then 3gb with carousel :) Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

requires iOs 8.0 or higher.

/avoids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Worked great after just downloading the app - didn't have to sign in with Gmail to the Mailbox app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Noticed that too and thanks for clarifying.
    Thanks to op too as got 1gb from mailbox :-)
    inel wrote: »
    For some reason I only got 1GB bonus when installed Carousel

UPDATE, I found the reason:
    Note: The Carousel bonus replaces the Camera Upload bonus that was offered with the Dropbox app. If you’ve already received the full bonus space from using Camera Upload, it can’t be credited again. You can check if you’ve received the bonus space in your account settings.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thargor wrote: »
    FFS the Carousel app isnt compatible with the OnePlus One either even though it says all the sh1tty Chinese phones Ive ever tried are good to go! Whats going on there?

I got that too on my OnePlus, the playstore said both apps were not compatible, however I just installed them both through the Aptoide app instead and got the 4 extra Gigs, thanks OP and whoever mentioned Carousel. Deleting them now of course! I also have that 48 Gigs bonus from installing Dropbox on the other half's Samsung but that will expire in 12 months, so not counting on that for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Blade wrote: »
    I got that too on my OnePlus, the playstore said both apps were not compatible, however I just installed them both through the Aptoide app instead and got the 4 extra Gigs, thanks OP and whoever mentioned Carousel. Deleting them now of course! I also have that 48 Gigs bonus from installing Dropbox on the other half's Samsung but that will expire in 12 months, so not counting on that for anything.
    Someone on the OPO owners thread told me if you've adjusted the DPI to fit more icons on screen then it can cause this issue with random apps. I sideloaded the apks, got the bonuses and uninstalled again no problems.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thargor wrote: »
    Someone on the OPO owners thread told me if you've adjusted the DPI to fit more icons on screen then it can cause this issue with random apps. I sideloaded the apks, got the bonuses and uninstalled again no problems.

I saw that thanks, I have indeed adjusted the DPI to fit more icons so that's probably it. Personally I'd be wary of sideloading apps from torrents etc. when they're easier accessible and verified through Aptoide. I have three app stores on my phone, the other being Amazon just for all the free apps they keep giving away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aptoide looks like the way to go in future thanks.

• I think there's plenty of sites where if you enter the Google Play url of an app they'll grab the APK from it for you. As Blade said you don't know what's been done to them when you get them off a torrent site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thanks OP. Already had the carousel bonus and I didnt realise. Over 20gb now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Thanks OP. Already had the carousel bonus and I didnt realise. Over 20gb now.

How? I only have 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I downloaded Carousel there and got 3GB for it. I'm up to 8 GB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have 30.2gb now, no idea how :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

got 5 Gb for that, cheers.

up to 40gb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

entered my number 5 minutes ago, no sms came through yet...

entered my number 5 minutes ago, no sms came through yet...

Make sure to use +353

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I didn't need to enter any number. Now have another 4gb on dropbox. Any other good ways to bump up permanent storage??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks OP, got my 1GB for this but got nothing for Carousel.

• Same here mate...got nothing for Carousel although it's possible I raped it previously and have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Joined this yesterday and today I received a text message from a foreign number with a link to a photo. Deleted the text as it looked dodgy..... Coincidence or did it happen to anyone else too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Joined this yesterday and today I received a text message from a foreign number with a link to a photo. Deleted the text as it looked dodgy..... Coincidence or did it happen to anyone else too?

Yep I got one too, apparently I have won 1000 dunnes vouchers. Odd thing I didn't enter my phone number unless the app did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can you delete these apps and retain the free space on your account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Can you delete these apps and retain the free space on your account ?

It was mentioned.earlier in thread that you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

TheDriver wrote: »
    I didn't need to enter any number. Now have another 4gb on dropbox. Any other good ways to bump up permanent storage??
    not quite free, but, if you haven't already maxed out your referrals you can find people on eBay who will do it for you for anywhere between $3 & $10. I have done it with my own account, several family members and recommended it to a few friends who all seemed to get on fine. Don't ask me how they do it but within 24 hours my referrals were maxed out. that was over a year ago and all the extra space is still there.

I somehow got 48gb free there by going here. Not sure how I got it!

https://www.dropbox.com/gs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I somehow got 48gb free there by going here. Not sure how I got it!

https://www.dropbox.com/gs

Did it take long to come through?

From some deal years ago, i already and 50 GB, the link told me i had earned 48GB..just wondering if it would be added on considering i`m over it already

Did it take long to come through?

From some deal years ago, i already and 50 GB, the link told me i had earned 48GB..just wondering if it would be added on considering i`m over it already

Nope it was showing up straight away!
    Also a few little more ways of increasing space a tiny bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/getspace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Maybe you are using a Samsung device, I remember they got 48 GB for 1 year....

TheDriver wrote: »
    Maybe you are using a Samsung device, I remember they got 48 GB for 1 year....

That seems to be it. 24 months..

• Advertisement
Advertisement