Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutri Bullet

Options
  • 28-01-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

HI, can anybody who has one of these tell me if the juice is left with lots of bits / lumpy in it?
    I like the look of this but my son wont drink smoothies because of the lumps, but loves juice, if I thought this didn't leave the juice lumpy and keep all the goodness Id def consider getting one.
    Also is the nutri ninja better or what is the difference really??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

zsha wrote: »
    HI, can anybody who has one of these tell me if the juice is left with lots of bits / lumpy in it?
    I like the look of this but my son wont drink smoothies because of the lumps, but loves juice, if I thought this didn't leave the juice lumpy and keep all the goodness Id def consider getting one.

Not supposed to. My gf bought a much cheaper version in home store and more (only cost 40) and that leaves the smoothie pure smooth. Not a bit to be found. That's with ice too!

So I'm sure paying the extra for the better brands will have the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Could you tell me the name of that, cuz I seen the magic bullet yesterday in Dunnes reduced down and it looked great and it said it did all the same as the nutri bullet!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Elgento Ultra Blend. Great value I thought. It comes with lots of different sized cups with lids and a recipe book and 2 year guarantee.

I'm pretty sure it was reduced, but can be found on Amazon for similar prices.

Super thanks for that will check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No way the 900 watt will leave any trace of lumps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

nutri ninja auto is 1000watt. They are comparable quality as far as I read, I went for Ninja as it breaks dry ice better (or so I read somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

What kind of juices and smoothies will he be drinking?
    I have a blender and its fine for fruit smoothies but for vegetable juices/smoothies it doesn't work well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

magic bullet would not be as good as nutri bullet. i have a 900w ninja bullet....love it

oh ya was only 109 in currys :)

Thanks all. Well he'd be having fruit/veg juices. Its def the lumps in the smoothies he doesn't like, so that's why I'm so interested in this. If the bullet/ninja leaves juice smooth then it would be the bttr option considering there's no wastage like a normal juicer. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I got a nutribullet for xmass & have to say find it absolutely brilliant. It blitzes absolutely everything and doesnt leave any lumps at all, all drinks come out completely smooth. I pop in frozen fruit, all kinds of fresh fruit, veg including kale, spinach, carrott, celery & beetroot, various nuts, seeds, porridge oats, yogurt and ice. I use it on a daily basis, and find I am getting a lot more veg into my diet which was the main purpose of getting it. Highly recommend it!

Thanks v much. I've just noticed the nutri Nina blender is down to 99e in currys http://www.currys.ie/Product/ninja-nutri-bl450-blender-black-and-silver/330791/134.3
    Which seems to have 900 watt blender and the nutri bullet has 600 watt, are they exactly the same, do they both do the same job, would the ninja be bttr?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I've heard the ninja is much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I've heard the ninja is much smaller.

I've heard size doesn't matter.

:(

Thanks v much. I've just noticed the nutri Nina blender is down to 99e in currys http://www.currys.ie/Product/ninja-nutri-bl450-blender-black-and-silver/330791/134.3
    Which seems to have 900 watt blender and the nutri bullet has 600 watt, are they exactly the same, do they both do the same job, would the ninja be bttr?

My mom has a nutribullet and I have the ninja.... Both do a good job... Get the ninja for extra power :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

does anyone know when you use these devices to liquidise fruit and veg do you lose any of the nutritional value of the food as compared to eating it more conventionally? Or does the nutritional content remain constant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Muahahaha wrote: »
    does anyone know when you use these devices to liquidise fruit and veg do you lose any of the nutritional value of the food as compared to eating it more conventionally? Or does the nutritional content remain constant?
    you are losing the fibre, so your body will absorb the natural sugars from fruit faster than eating it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you are losing the fibre, so your body will absorb the natural sugars from fruit faster than eating it

Why do you think you are losing the fibre? Whee do you think it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Mellor wrote: »

Fibre is the roughage of the food. The part that gets smashed into a liquid. So it disappears because you're changing its form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Mellor wrote: »
    you are turning the fruit into liquid, therefore you it passes straight through you stomach and intestines very quickly, its mainly the natural sugars your body digests, as they are easily absorbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's when you use a juicer. Using a blender like the nutribullet retains most of the fibre and makes you absorb the nutrients slowly.

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/juicing-vs-blending-which-one-is-better

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Fibre is the roughage of the food. The part that gets smashed into a liquid. So it disappears because you're changing its form.
    The liquid is the water in the fruit, not the fibre.
    You are breaking the fibre down into smaller pieces. But it's still fibre.

If it's changing, what is it changing into?
    you are turning the fruit into liquid, therefore you it passes straight through you stomach and intestines very quickly, its mainly the natural sugars your body digests, as they are easily absorbed
    Passes through to where exactly?

Fibre doesn't pass through your gut wall, even if you cut if really small, or chew it really well. Water does, leaving fibre behind. Where it become roughage.

I think you may be confusing blenders with juicers, which removes most of the fibre.

Great thanks, was getting worried there reading those posts about the fibre, but I think the bullet/ninja breaks down the fibre, u still get it. That's one reason why they seem to be so successful

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks for the replies, I guess blending is ok for fibre but juicing isnt as it removes the pulp. I just wanted to be sure of that before purchasing a decent blender, there's no point in investing in one if drinking smoothies steals the fibre and nutrition from the fruit and veg.

Anytime I've seen ads for juicers they've always expounded the health benefits of juicing. But having read the article linked above it doesn't sound very healthy to me if it gets rid of the fibre and also gives you spikes in your blood sugar levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    thanks for the replies, I guess blending is ok for fibre but juicing isnt as it removes the pulp. I just wanted to be sure of that before purchasing a decent blender, there's no point in investing in one if drinking smoothies steals the fibre and nutrition from the fruit and veg.

Anytime I've seen ads for juicers they've always expounded the health benefits of juicing. But having read the article linked above it doesn't sound very healthy to me if it gets rid of the fibre and also gives you spikes in your blood sugar levels.

Well, I think they both have their benefits. Juicing can be great for a quick hit of energy and nutrition, and because you're only getting the juice, you can pack more fruit/veg into a serving of juice than from a blended smoothie, so in some respects it can give better nutrition than blending/smoothies.

I went with a nutrininja because I plan on using smoothies as a meal replacement (one meal a day, not full smoothie diet) so wanted something which will keep my fuller for longer. Plus stuff like the nutrininja/nutribullet are very quick and easy to clean, more so than juicers or even full sized blenders. And because you're using the whole fruit/veg rather than just the juice, it's cheaper as you don't have to use as much fruit/veg than you would with a juicer.

Thanks everyone got the nutri ninja this eve, the book that comes with it tho has some lovely things but you wouldn't have the ingredients in a normal hse (well mine anyway!)😊 I also noticed that the recipes in it have the fruit/veg chopped or peeled and deseeded!!! I thought the whole idea of these was to use the whole fruit/veg!!! Anyway wnt get chance to try out the ninja now as have to work, but any recipes you have esp breakfast ones or meal ones would be great thanks.
    Cant wait to try it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I often make something along these lines: kale, half a Granny Smith apple, cut into 2-3 chunks, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 carrot, chia seeds, ginger & almond milk.

Minimal prep and easy to clean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Coconut water, banana, scoop of protein powder, some almonds, kale, spinac, broccoli, ice

Delicious. Can't taste the greens at all. Just tastes like a strawberry banana shake

Nom Nom Nom

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

I love the nutri ninja :D dat power! and pressing the 'auto' button and letting it work away while I... stand there looking at it usually but just think of all that finger exertion I am avoiding ;)

• Advertisement

Mine isn't the auto one but it def is some machine

Advertisement