Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Noodles

Options
  • 27-01-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Lads I'm feeling pretty stupid so help me out here. I bought instant noodles in lidl, they are 108g and on the back it says there is like 116 calories in 100g made up with sachet as per cooking instructions. I cooked the noodles and they weigh like 230 g cooked, does this mean there is like 270 calories in the noodles or is there only like 116?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Looks like the 270. That is a bad way to report calorific information though, if you made it really soupy there would be extra water...difficult to tell what a portion weighs.

Is there a second bar of info with 'per Portion' on it, or is there a "makes 2 x 100g portions" or the like written anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

No calories in water, so the dry weight calorific value is correct.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Minder wrote: »
    No calories in water, so the dry weight calorific value is correct.

It doesn't give the dry weight calorific value: it gives the calorific value per 100g of prepared noodles.

I'm guessing it's closer to 270.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

It doesn't give the dry weight calorific value: it gives the calorific value per 100g of prepared noodles.

I'm guessing it's closer to 270.

Oops, didn't read the OPs post properly. Soz.

2.3 x 116 = calories in the pot of cooked noodles

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

More suited to here, I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement