Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 24/1

Options
  • 24-01-2015 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Two for me tomorrow at lingfield.

Profile Star in the 1.35 14/1. He has won off of 78 and 71 and is down to a mark of 63. Backed this its last run when it drifted like a barge in the betting. Ran well to finish beaten 3L in 5th. Thought it was given an easy enough ride and put into trouble. Fav also well handicapped and well supported but this lad is equally as well in and is 3.5 times the price. 3 pts win.

2.35 Loyalty 16/1 last win was off 87. Down to a mark of 75, Ran reasonably the last day and having had a difficult early part of the race ran on well at the finish. Definately capable of winning a race like this off this mark. 3 pts win.

I have also had a 1pt double.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hope dynaste wins tomorrow and they go for the gold cup

I'm taking the 20s in case
    they'll never have a better chance of landing such a wide open gc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

mailburner wrote: »
    hope dynaste wins tomorrow and they go for the gold cup

I'm taking the 20s in case
    they'll never have a better chance of landing such a wide open gc

Dynaste hasn't a hope in hell of staying GC trip, classy though he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Two for me tomorrow at lingfield.

Profile Star in the 1.35 14/1. He has won off of 78 and 71 and is down to a mark of 63. Backed this its last run when it drifted like a barge in the betting. Ran well to finish beaten 3L in 5th. Thought it was given an easy enough ride and put into trouble. Fav also well handicapped and well supported but this lad is equally as well in and is 3.5 times the price. 3 pts win.

2.35 Loyalty 16/1 last win was off 87. Down to a mark of 75, Ran reasonably the last day and having had a difficult early part of the race ran on well at the finish. Definately capable of winning a race like this off this mark. 3 pts win.

I have also had a 1pt double.
    I have been seriously considering baking Loyalty tomorrow. I was disappointed with him last time but it was a funnily run race. I'm inclined to leave him one more run its not actually a bad race tomorrow.

The only other one I was consideringis Walkon but again will just watch. This could be a plot horse for a festival handicap. Either that or Alan King is totally clueless because this must be one of the worst campaigned horses I have ever seen. He is no 3 miler and running him in the National constituted animal cruelty. Back down in trip tomorrow he's one to seriously watch

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Dynaste hasn't a hope in hell of staying GC trip, classy though he is

you may be right and I hadn't even considered him until after the kg tbh
    I suppose if stamina comes into play he'll be found out against the likes of many clouds, sc and others
    I'm hoping he'll make the frame and anything else will be a bonus
    I think a place is a real possibility

it's such a bad renewal that they'll surely go for it if it wins well

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

A bad renewal?

Last years Ryanair winner (Dynaste), last years RSA runner up (Smad Place), the winner of the Hennessy (Many clouds), a decent Nichols horse (Black Thunder) and last years winner and GC place horse (The Giant Bolster)

It looks like a decent ran to me!

I'm a trends man, and the most shocking thing about this race is that the favourite hasnt won it in 10 renewals. I also think that Dynaste may be caught out tomorrow (although I'd love to see him run in the GC) by the testing conditions. Giving 8lbs to the likes of SMAD PLACE wont make this a walk in the part.

• Advertisement

BLACK THUNDER and SMAD PLACE in a RFC for me

oPATCHo wrote: »
    A bad renewal?

meant this years gold cup

great race tomorrow alright

torn between dynaste and smad place
    I'd rather take a punt on dynaste at 20s than the measly 2/1 tomorrow tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I have been seriously considering baking Loyalty tomorrow. I was disappointed with him last time but it was a funnily run race. I'm inclined to leave him one more run its not actually a bad race tomorrow.

The only other one I was consideringis Walkon but again will just watch. This could be a plot horse for a festival handicap. Either that or Alan King is totally clueless because this must be one of the worst campaigned horses I have ever seen. He is no 3 miler and running him in the National constituted animal cruelty. Back down in trip tomorrow he's one to seriously watch

Ya I thought the same about loyalty after his last run and was going to leave it. I watched the race back again and it was a tough race. Was scrubed along early to get a pitch and had to fight to stay there think it took abit out of him and thought he actually did quite well to finish where he did staying on. This race is weak enought too and if he gives his running 16/1 could be huge.

As for walkon dont even get me started, i have thought this horse had a big handicap in him for over a year. I think I backed him once in that time. He has been campaigned brutally. He may win tomorrow but i think he is underpriced to be honest i would have wanted 16s or 20s to think about it. That and the fact he could be being kept for the festival enough for me to leave him. Will be watching with interest though.

mailburner wrote: »
    meant this years gold cup

great race tomorrow alright

torn between dynaste and smad place
    I'd rather take a punt on dynaste at 20s than the measly 2/1 tomorrow tho

Arhhh got ya!!!

I'm with you tbh, would love to see Dynaste run Gold Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

going to go with an small e/w punt on Thistlecrack in the 3.00 Cheltenham. 9 run and 16/1 looks like good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Selections for tomorrow. In various singles and multiples.

12.45 Round Tower 7/1
    13.15 Stellar Notion 4/1F
    13.55 Snow Falcon 4/5F
    14.40 Caracci Apache 4/1 2F
    15.00 Present View 11/2 2F
    16.10 Kiama Bay 9/2 J2F
    16.20 Green Tornado 5/1 2F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Theatre guide 25-1 tizzard horses flying horse has cheltenham form fair bit to find with dynaste but worth chance at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I expect Dynaste to win today and win this well. I had him backed at Kempton and Scudamore oozed confidence which is rare for him and Silviniaco conti just stole a few lengths on the field turning for home amd Dynaste got caught for room for a bit but finished really well and his Cheltenham form is excellent. I have him backet nrnb for the Gold cup at 20/1 so im expectant.

In the cleeve Reve due sivola would be a tentative vote but i wont be backing anything in it but if Saphor de rheu goes stupid short which isn't beyond the realms of possibility ill lay him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I expect Dynaste to win today and win this well. I had him backed at Kempton and Scudamore oozed confidence which is rare for him and Silviniaco conti just stole a few lengths on the field turning for home amd Dynaste got caught for room for a bit but finished really well and his Cheltenham form is excellent. I have him backet nrnb for the Gold cup at 20/1 so im expectant.

In the cleeve Reve due sivola would be a tentative vote but i wont be backing anything in it but if Saphor de rheu goes stupid short which isn't beyond the realms of possibility ill lay him.
    Doubling your first with Un Temp Pour Tout. 1 unit to return 11.38.

Un Temp Pour Tout was Scu's charity bet on the morning line if that matters to anyone.

Mike Mccann in the opener at Navan supposed to be very highly thought of, once entered for the champion bumper and has some smart enough form over 2m. Money down for this in a big way this morning, so I would be shocked if this doesn't win. Trainer is son of Barney O'Hare (Bar One racing) and have been known to have a touch. They also have Montana Slim later, which is another that looks well handicapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

Mike Mccann in the opener at Navan supposed to be very highly thought of, once entered for the champion bumper and has some smart enough form over 2m. Money down for this in a big way this morning, so I would be shocked if this doesn't win. Trainer is son of Barney O'Hare (Bar One racing) and have been known to have a touch. They also have Montana Slim later, which is another that looks well handicapped.

Some money around for this one today. 7's into 4's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Didn't he win over a million euro with 3 winners on the card a few years back. In navan I think.

Somebody who worked in a call centre told me that they were backed in doubles and trebles all around the country. Not sure if it's true.

I'll do a double anyway.

Decided to go with SMAD PLACE this morning, 100 waiting to get match inplay

LOOPY!!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

oPATCHo wrote: »
    Decided to go with SMAD PLACE this morning, 100 waiting to get match inplay

LOOPY!!!! :-)

Can't refuse him at the weights. Love Many Clouds but I think 8lbs is too much to give away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

tomaussie wrote: »
    Didn't he win over a million euro with 3 winners on the card a few years back. In navan I think.

Somebody who worked in a call centre told me that they were backed in doubles and trebles all around the country. Not sure if it's true.

I'll do a double anyway.

If you're feeling really lucky (as in lucky 15 lucky) he also has Bank Man in the 2.30 and Special Bar in the 3.05. Neither of them look up to very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

The O' Hares are notorious for putting out the nod for horses and laying the bollocks off them lads so i wouldnt go too mad,not saying this horse wont win but I'd advise an air of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

EW Lucky 15 today :

Cheltenham 1:50 Smad Place
    Navan 2:30 Theoystercatcher
    Doncaster 3:15 Fairy Rath
    Cheltenham 4:10 Royal Irish Hussar

The O' Hares are notorious for putting out the nod for horses and laying the bollocks off them lads so i wouldnt go too mad,not saying this horse wont win but I'd advise an air of caution.
    True, but it's usually donkeys that get gambled. Mike Mccann is a good horse (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Treble:

Mike Mccann
    Snow Falcon
    Dynaste

Shrewdoperator in the last at Navan has got as good bumper form as any of the rest of these, but yet is as high as 16/1 simply because the trainer's form has been dog$hit over the last few months. Probably comes up short today, but definitely worth an e/w punt.

Had a small ew on Harvey's Hope in the first at Doncaster. 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Good word for C'est Notre Gris in the opener at Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Got the same word for that horse, first race in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Bivouac in first at Cheltenham nice price 8-1.

• Advertisement

Whosthis wrote: »
    Had a small ew on Harvey's Hope in the first at Doncaster. 25/1

Might not have had much of a chance anyway but I hate when I back something and find out after the fact that I've gotten my facts wrong. Was sure I read the going was soft/heavy, comms said it was good/soft.

Edit comms not comes.

Advertisement