Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Festival of Music & Food (Formely Westport Festival)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I said it months ago !

Anyone ive been talking to has said the price is the biggest turn off.

76 euro per day per person is a stupid price that people cannot afford

The whole set up and promotion of this has been very poor and they are now paying the price.

Worst of all it now looks bad on the town of Killarney that they cant arrange a music festival

5000 is a maximum that can attend per day

A shambles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Kilareney isn't a town that needs a festival and deffo not in peak season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

yayamark wrote: »
    Anyone ive been talking to has said the price is the biggest turn off.

76 euro per day per person is a stupid price that people cannot afford

I think 76 euro for the Sunday lineup isnt too bad ,considering the cost of other stand alone gigs,its 50-80 euro for a 90 minute gig in the Marquee in Cork .

Duran Duran,Texas,Burt Bacharach ,they are all decent acts .
    I paid $80 to see Bacharach in the US a few years ago.

The Saturday night lineup though ,that's really poor.

Looking at tickets on ticketmaster there is a reduction for over 60's/unemployed
    OVER 60'S/UNEMPLOYED Ticket (ID REQUIRED) 56 euro

How does one prove unemployment? :confused:
    Is this just a method to boost sales I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Whosthis wrote: »
    Cancelled.

Can confirm. And I'm not a bit surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Cancelled.

Where did you hear this? Nothing on Twitter yet

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

It's definitely cancelled. Don't know why they haven't released a statement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

Source? :(

I'd rather not say. It has definitely been cancelled however. I'd advise you to keep an eye on their Facebook page for an official announcement but I wouldn't be surprised if these fools have forgotten the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

I'd rather not say. It has definitely been cancelled however. I'd advise you to keep an eye on their Facebook page for an official announcement but I wouldn't be surprised if these fools have forgotten the password.

They were re - tweeting and giving away tickets on RTE literally an hour ago!

Also I saw mentioned on twitter that someone set up a website naming and shaming the organisers. - www.killarneyfest.com

One big huge mess really.

• Advertisement

If this is true, I hope they do the decent thing and announce sooner rather than later to give people a chance to cancel their travel arrangements and get some of their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

It's been relocated, don't know about cancelled and it's gone from a 36,000 capacity event to 5,000.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/killarney-festival-of-music-and-food-to-be-relocated/

It's been relocated, don't know about cancelled and it's gone from a 36,000 capacity event to 5,000.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/killarney-festival-of-music-and-food-to-be-relocated/

It was relocated yesterday, it was cancelled today.

Just heard it has been cancelled as well
    A huge embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dear Electric Picnic organisers, Duran Duran have been left short of a gig here this year...

This weekend's Killarney Festival of Music & Food has been cancelled, it was announced today.
    More at BreakingNews.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's gonna be one hell of a set of cancellation pay-outs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dear Electric Picnic organisers, Duran Duran have been left short of a gig here this year...

The Marquee in Cork would be a good venue for them but too late to organise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

“The promoters are currently in discussions with some of the acts, about performing, in an alternative indoor venue in Killarney over the weekend and hope to make an announcement as soon possible.

Have seen this happen before when festivals cancel and can sometimes work out to be a really good deal. Guess it'll be an INEC job. Disgraceful pulling it so late, so many plans made, hotels booked etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bunch of gowls

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wonder will the hotel's return all the money paid for the hotel rooms that are now not needed?

Have seen this happen before when festivals cancel and can sometimes work out to be a really good deal. Guess it'll be an INEC job. Disgraceful pulling it so late, so many plans made, hotels booked etc.

Would love to see this happen for Duran -- but we would need to know sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Would love to see this happen for Duran -- but we would need to know sooner rather than later!

So basically...please, please tell you now, Is there something you should know?? :D

So basically...please, please tell you now, Is there something you should know?? :D

Thank you for that giggle because I think I'd be crying otherwise!! :p

Official notice just went up on the Facebook page in the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

beertons wrote: »
    Wonder will the hotel's return all the money paid for the hotel rooms that are now not needed?

Why should they have to? Some hotels cancellation policy may allow for rooms to be cancelled alright, if, for example, went through booking.com.

Had been toying with the idea of heading to this for the Sunday, but could never justify the price. A mess by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

They'll be no relocation to INEC, too late for that.

beertons wrote: »

Mostly depends on the policies of the individual hotels and how much notice they require.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kmgirl

Bad publicity for Killarney and the organizers aren't even from the town. They made a complete shambles of the whole thing and the prices were far too expensive too. At this stage, they might as well of just let the event go ahead anyway despite the low ticket sales as they have to pay all the acts due to perform at the festival anyway.

• Advertisement

^^ Yeah, I'm really curious about the economics of this decision and how much they could have possibly mitigated their losses by cancelling.

Advertisement