Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

theft, pure and simple.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

walshyn93 wrote: »
    No I sent that email to Coral. I got a letter from IBAS in the post today. I have more info I can send IBAS, any idea how I send additional info?

Scan and email

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

Scan and email

Cheers, just emailed this to IBAS. Can't spell it out for them any more than this.
    To whom it may concern,

I have additional information relating to the above dispute which may be of interest. I have attached two documents and a screenshot to this email. One of these documents contains the results from Coral.co.uk and the NHL official website indicating that past events involving penalty shootouts have all been settled as ODD - Winner with the sole exceptions being my bets.

The other document contains conversations with Coral's live chat support and a screenshot of an email from Coral customer support showing a clear lack of consistency and knowledge of the rules. In one correspondence (live chat) the staff member XXXXXXX (near the end of the word document) tells me that overtime is applied to this market. In the email correspondence another staff member (XXXXXXX) tells me the market is settled in regulation time. Both staff members claim to speak on behalf of their superiors. One claims to have consulted the traders and the other claims to have consulted their supervisor (he presumably did not contact the traders because my query was not technically related to a specific bet). I think this speaks to the fact that Coral's staff aren't fully clued in as to the rules governing this market and this is likely what lead to this error in the first place. The fact that Coral consistently settle shootouts as Odd - Winner would indicate that the third line of rule 36.1 in respect of Game Total bets is in effect. "if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;" (emphasis added by me) (source: rule 36.1 https://coral-eng.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2141)

Kind regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Have you actually spoken to Coral customer care? You'll need to get someone senior on the phone and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

drumswan wrote: »
    Have you actually spoken to Coral customer care? You'll need to get someone senior on the phone and explain the situation.

This^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

they not offering the market now? any updates OP? on top of your winnings you should be given a freebet for the trouble theyve given you. instead your account will probably be limited to peanuts when they re-settle the bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

freebet

Coral :eek:
    Better chance of winning the Euro Millions!

ianburke wrote: »
    they not offering the market now? any updates OP? on top of your winnings you should be given a freebet for the trouble theyve given you. instead your account will probably be limited to peanuts when they re-settle the bets

Update as of today. I hadn't checked my account in over a week but today I had 273 euro in it. One of the disputed bet decisions was changed, I received no emails from IBAS or Coral about this if I hadn't checked I'd never have known. I've withdrawn the funds and will wait until they reach my account before I contact them again to hunt down the rest just so we don't have a repeat of last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair dues.
    Sounds like IBAs have kicked Coral around and Coral have settled one bet.
    That's a start.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Fair dues.
    Sounds like IBAs have kicked Coral around and Coral have settled one bet.
    That's a start.

It's a start, but we're back to square one now..,

I withdrew the winnings from one and received them today. So I went after the other. turns out Coral have changed their rules. They keep telling my that the old rules they have on file (which apply to my bet) are different to the ones I've screenshot and timestamped. They say the new rules came into effect on the 30th of January and I have a screenshot from the 22nd. http://i.gyazo.com/af4a529ac1b34469820a26f2d5610151.png

They keep saying:
    As I have already stated, we have signed authority on the old rules and when the new rules came into effect - unfortunately that overrules whatever evidence you may think you have

They really are a pack of lying thieves.

• Advertisement

I now can't sign into my account. They may have cancelled it.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

What exactly happens when you log in or try to?

What exactly happens when you log in or try to?

False alarm. It's working now. It just kept signing me out immediately every time.

Advertisement