Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NyTablet 8 Windows 8.1 €99.99

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It's the full version effectively, although branded as "with bing" as the default search engine, which you can change. I think might also come with free office 365 subscription and free call to landlines from skype with that

Pretty handy tablet for the price, battery charging maybe a bit slow and battery life a bit lower than some other tablets

Its a one year subscription to Office 365- which is fair enough.
    Quite a remarkable package for the price its on sale for. Essentially Microsoft are giving away Windows 8- with a free upgrade to Windows 10, and a year's free subscription to Office 365. Tagged onto this- is the remarkable new cheap Intel chips- which are being flogged at as little as $20 a piece to some OEM manufacturers.

The big surprise in this- is that Bush appear to have put a reasonably competent screen in the package- the screen has been the traditional let down (on a long list of other components)- for budget tablet manufacturers.

Its worth a punt- why wouldn't it be at the price they're charging- but I'd use it as a portable competent device, rather than as my main machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Its a one year subscription to Office 365- which is fair enough.
    Quite a remarkable package for the price its on sale for. Essentially Microsoft are giving away Windows 8- with a free upgrade to Windows 10, and a year's free subscription to Office 365. Tagged onto this- is the remarkable new cheap Intel chips- which are being flogged at as little as $20 a piece to some OEM manufacturers.

The big surprise in this- is that Bush appear to have put a reasonably competent screen in the package- the screen has been the traditional let down (on a long list of other components)- for budget tablet manufacturers.

Its worth a punt- why wouldn't it be at the price they're charging- but I'd use it as a portable competent device, rather than as my main machine.

any definite proof this comes with office 365?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It's the same as Windows on your desktop. Think of it as a laptop without the keyboard. (though can that can be added handily enough).

Any recommendations for keyboards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

any definite proof this comes with office 365?

The PC Pro review states that it does. I haven't bought one- so I can't confirm- but the reviews indicate that its a 1 year non-recurring license- aka you have to pay for year 2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Will this run just look my laptop (albeit slower) with a keyboard. Like any program that runs on my laptop will run in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Quazzie wrote: »
    Will this run just look my laptop (albeit slower) with a keyboard. Like any program that runs on my laptop will run in this?

i have the linx and it surprisingly is the exact same as a pc. I use a Bluetooth keyboard and its great. Thinking of getting a 10" tablet and saying bye to the tablet.
    Loaded my own office 2010 onto it along with some other programs and all work exactly as they should on windows.
    P.S. I think the free 1 year 360 is standard on all win 8.1 with bing tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Yes you can install the same programs, but the limiting factor will be the low RAM which will hobble some programs from running smoothly, don't expect to do much with Photoshop for example.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a 10" tablet and saying bye to the tablet.
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

degsie wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

sorry, bye to the laptop.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

mcw92 wrote: »
    Buying these cheap tablets is only asking for trouble. Argos own the Bush brand, Do a search of previous Argos tablets and you will see.

Have you tried this specific one personally?

Theres a lot of variation in Tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Anybody tried XBMC or Showbox on this?
    What's the speaker volume like? The volume on my Android tablet is pure sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

crasy dash wrote: »
    Bit of a windows newbie when it comes to windows os tablets etc, is this treated the same as a linx tab in that sky go is supported on this or am i totally wrong?

Great price in fairness so tempted to get it anyway though:p

I would also like to know if Sky Go can be played on the tablet and if it can also be connected to your TV via the HMDI out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Sky GO will work. If your TV supports miracast then you can project what's being displayed on the tablet to the TV.
    Or you can connect via hdmi

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Sky GO will work. If your TV supports miracast then you can project what's being displayed on the tablet to the TV.
    Or you can connect via hdmi

Not according to this...

http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-go-supported-devices?country=ie#!whole-nav-d2022213d2-tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just picked one up, I'll be having a look at it later if anyone has any queries about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

T-Bird wrote: »
    Damned thing has 2 USB ports (micro and 2.0, however they both look like micro on the pics from the UK site) .

These is one USB and one HDMI ports unfortunately. Just charging mine for first start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

zom wrote: »
    These is one USB and one HDMI ports unfortunately. Just charging mine for first start...

That bullet point is deceiving then. Just re-checked the UK one and picture has 2 micro USBs and a HDMI http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2923020.htm.

Not fair that we get a lesser model.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,127 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'd say it's a case of the photo not being accurate on the UK site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I'd say it's a case of the photo not being accurate on the UK site

Yeah but it's getting a bit passed acceptable now. Another shop (either HN or PC) can't think such one showed incorrect picture a few weeks ago as well.

I can't seem to reserve one. I keep getting an error when I try. Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement

I can't seem to reserve one. I keep getting an error when I try. Anyone else getting this?

Just worked for me. Which store?

degsie wrote: »
    Just worked for me. Which store?

Turned out to be a chrome problem (or at least for me it was) as when I use IE (shudder) it worked fine.

Any video review I've seen of a Bush MyTablet it is of an android system.

Any video reviews of it running windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,127 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

T-Bird wrote: »
    Yeah but it's getting a bit passed acceptable now. Another shop (either HN or PC) can't think such one showed incorrect picture a few weeks ago as well.

I guess it's possibly they've changed the spec slightly and that's the reason the price has dropped a bit too, description does sort of suggest 2 usb connections, usb hub should be an option but the way they work for tablet charging seems to vary between tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Guys, have been using today for the last few hours. This is an unbelievable bargain. The build quality is superb, screen is more than I expected. No issues so far, delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭moby2101

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Guys, have been using today for the last few hours. This is an unbelievable bargain. The build quality is superb, screen is more than I expected. No issues so far, delighted with it.

+1
    Excellent piece of kit...a steal at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Turned out to be a chrome problem (or at least for me it was) as when I use IE (shudder) it worked fine.

Think you might have to get used to IE if you buy one of these ;)

wilser wrote: »
    Think you might have to get used to IE if you buy one of these ;)

Surely I can install chrome on it couldn't I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Using Chrome on it right now. I'm also getting the desktop version of Boards as it is being recognised as a desktop/laptop due to the O/S and resolution.

Advertisement