Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the hell does he only get a suspended sentence?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There is absolutely no reason we can't use house arrest for non-violent offenders. The technology is there, Tesco even provide the infrastructure to make sure they're fed.

Give people custodial sentences in house and move them to prison if they don;t comply.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

bear1 wrote: »
    With justice being a by-product.

Sometimes...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grayson wrote: »
    Like Russia for example :)

The guy in the original article doesn't belong in prison. He does need help though. He needs to be under the watch of trained mental health professionals. Quite probably whilst being admitted somewhere.

One minute, nine seconds in; "Don't stop me now" on the radio - bang!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Sounds like he was trying to do himself in, couldn't get the nerve so was trying to get a helping hand from someone. Guaranteed he was given his car back too.

****er should crater himself into a wall if he wants to kill himself with a car, instead of taking other people with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Shame the ****er didn't crash into a wall.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

It was on the anniversary of his kids death. Sounds like he was in a bad way mentally.
    Not sure if prison is the best answer in this case, but how do you stop someone driving when they keep on defying their ban?

Jail is the only place for him , if not as punishment then to protect the rest of ud from this a SS hole. whats the point in banning him anyway he obviously just keeps driving.

at least a life time driving ban with instant jail if seen behind the wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

My sister came across a similar driver recently she had a guy who had 60+ convictions for drunk driving and dangerous driving plough into her and nearly kill my nephew in the in the process the day he only got his licence back,
    The scum bag went to the the pub to celebrate after 8 pints before 2 pm gets into his new car and and floors it before loosing control and hitting my sisters stationery car 1 second after she had secured him in a child seat

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Grayson wrote: »
    Like Russia for example :)

/makes mental note to never go on a driving holiday in Russia.

Seriously, I've seen better driving in Grand Theft Auto

Advertisement