Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI Bikeworld Gift vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

The old Irish begrudgery is alive and well.

If you don't like a business, vote with your feet.

I feel for the OP, and am glad they got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SNORE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    SNORE!!!!

your bitterness is making you sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

P.C. wrote: »

Poor service is not begrudgery.

thelawman wrote: »
    your bitterness is making you sleepy

Repetition makes me sleepy!!!! Thanx for your concern all the same.....

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Poor service is not begrudgery.

Why do you think I posted that poor services is begrudgery?

I have reread my posts, and can't find where I posted that.

Maybe that is how you feel about it, but I never posted that.

I do not appreciate bad customer service, and as I posted, I will vote with my feet by not going to a place that has bad customer service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its open coz you get the yippidy eyes going in for a browse yeah, dentists and doctors you know loike! Buying whatever they are told to buy!!! And then going out once a month on their BEEEMERS loike for brunch and frothy cinos!

And so it starts. Just because I bought a "BEEEMER" loike. :D I'm still waiting for the weather to be nice enough to go out for brunch.

i went to Cotters first to buy gear. Maybe I caught them at a bad time, but spent about 30 min wandering around aimlessly. What I wanted, they didn't have in stock. Anyway, I left there and went to Bikeworld. In there, I was helped, guided and advised. I already had a good idea what I wanted, so the guide was more on sizing rather than product.

Now, I know I spent a little bit more in there (not massively more), but ended up buying full kit from them - helmet, jacket, trousers, boots, etc.

I'd have no problem going back to them. I found them helpful and polite. In the same way, since then I have been back to Cotters and will shop where ever I can get what I need.

Why do you think I posted that poor services is begrudgery?

I have reread my posts, and can't find where I posted that.

Maybe that is how you feel about it, but I never posted that.

I do not appreciate bad customer service, and as I posted, I will vote with my feet by not going to a place that has bad customer service.

About 3 posts up! Sherlock Homes you are not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Bike world are good for what they are, they'll get you kitted out if you're not sure what you want, and while they're not cheap, I didn't feel ripped off after checking prices online.

Agree that for anything where you need to know your stuff, there's usually a large "tesco" shop to look after you for better or for worse, and bikeworld seems to be it for biking.

I can agree on the voucher thing though, I got handed a stack of 5 euro vouchers that turned out to not actually be vouchers, but some sort of weird discount vouchers that only work when you spend more money there.

Cienciano wrote: »
    About 3 posts up! Sherlock Homes you are not :pac:

I know what I posted. I posted it, and as I posted later, I reread the post.

I don't know what you are reading, but either you have not read it correctly, or you have decided that I posted something that I did not, or there is something that lead you to believe that I posted something that I didn't.

Whatever it is, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Betty bought some butter,
    but the butter Betty bought was bitter,
    so Betty bought some better butter,
    and the better butter Betty bought
    was better than the bitter butter Betty bought before!

I don't know what you are reading, but either you have not read it correctly, or you have decided that I posted something that I did not, or there is something that lead you to believe that I posted something that I didn't.

Lol, relax, it's just a message board. Just try and be clearer in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You need to be more clear on what you are posting because all of the thanks indicate that everyone firmly believes you do not have a grasp of the english language.

When you say begrudgery. To most people viewing it, it looks like you are slagging everyone in here for commenting on poor customer service.

Perhaps before you press submit reply reread what you write unless you dont want comments on it, (this is a message board).

Enjoy your weekend, save riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Put the Whiskey down and post sober !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

'Tis a conundrum of epic proportions :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is going nowhere positive. Locked

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Handbags at dawn,,,,,,
    Chill out everyone.

Now get back to riding yer bikes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement