Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zopo ZP 999 / 3X Owners Support Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

@tatranska - tutorials & downloads on this page http://www.zopomobile.eu/content/22-download, in case you're not sorted yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

corwill wrote: »
    @tatranska - tutorials & downloads on this page http://www.zopomobile.eu/content/22-download, in case you're not sorted yet.

thanks. I'll take a look tonight when the kids are in bed.

Ok Update

After a lot of figuring out how it worked and a few moments were I wondered, the phone booted up with the new rom :D

What do I need to now ??

thanks to all and corwill :) you're the man !!

Ok Update

After a lot of figuring out how it worked and a few moments were I wondered, the phone booted up with the new rom :D

What do I need to now ??

thanks to all and corwill :) you're the man !!

Aw shucks. It would make you nostalgic for the Mi3, piece of cake by comparison, I'd say.

Aw shucks. It would make you nostalgic for the Mi3, piece of cake by comparison, I'd say.

sure would :)

whats next on my bucket list....before i get sick into it after hearing paul murphy on the late late.:eek:

whats all this with recovery mode etc ??

• Advertisement

I managed to update the phone up to the latest update without breaking it.
    The home button and a few apps didn't work after flashing it last night. A factory reset after updating sorted it all out.
    I used battery doctor and a calibrator to fix battery cells.

I used battery doctor and a calibrator to fix battery cells.

How much improvement did you get?

How much improvement did you get?

It fixed 9% of my cells. It said 4hours but one never knows.

How is everyone getting on with their phones.
    I still have the virus but I reckon it was to do with the new rom I put on.

Find the WiFi hit and miss. Battery like is OK. but im a heavy user. Nice screen size.

I almost miss my xiaomi ;)

How is everyone getting on with their phones.
    I still have the virus but I reckon it was to do with the new rom I put on.

Find the WiFi hit and miss. Battery like is OK. but im a heavy user. Nice screen size.

I almost miss my xiaomi ;)

Connectivity is generally fine, whether WiFi or 3g/4g.

Battery is alright, I've gotten 2 days with v. light use a few times, but generally I get just the day out of it. Browsing saps it a bit more than I'd like, but its pretty good on standby.

Only real gripe is the camera, its really not up to scratch. Far too slow to take a snap, and even then the actual pic quality isn't great. Not a patch on the Mi3's shooter.

Looks like we'll be stuck with 4.4.2 as well, but that was always likely.

I'm watching out for reviews and availability for the Asus Zenfone 2/Zoom, but otherwise there's nothing I'd be rushing to replace it with at the moment.

• Advertisement

4 months on how are people getting on with their phones.
    The slowness of this thread makes me long for my old xiaomi.
    No updates since February and no sign of lollipop.
    Still finding WiFi connectivity hit and miss.

It's starting to look like I'll need to get the micro-usb port repaired, my Zopo won't take a charge, regardless of cable or charger used. I can charge it a little off my laptop, but even that's hit n' miss. It might be the battery, and I have a new one on the way via aliexpress, but I have a hunch it's the micro-usb port.

Would someone like Phone Wizz on Moore Street give it a go? I can't imagine they see too many ZP999s!

It's starting to look like I'll need to get the micro-usb port repaired, my Zopo won't take a charge, regardless of cable or charger used. I can charge it a little off my laptop, but even that's hit n' miss. It might be the battery, and I have a new one on the way via aliexpress, but I have a hunch it's the micro-usb port.

Would someone like Phone Wizz on Moore Street give it a go? I can't imagine they see too many ZP999s!

So the new battery hasn't done the trick, looks like I'll need to try getting the micro-usb port repaired.

I got a genuine Zopo tempered glass screen protector and battery from these guys on aliexpress - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1243333. Delivered in 12 days after I placed the order via Singapore Post, pleasantly surprised at how quickly they came.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

So the new battery hasn't done the trick, looks like I'll need to try getting the micro-usb port repaired.

I got a genuine Zopo tempered glass screen protector and battery from these guys on aliexpress - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1243333. Delivered in 12 days after I placed the order via Singapore Post, pleasantly surprised at how quickly they came.

Not that I see any videos on youtube compared to the more well know brands but would a DIY repair of the port be a possibility. From what you say it certainly sounds like the port is the issue as it nearly always is when you have ruled out the cables and chargers.

Have to say I find this phone great bar one major issue GPS is very poor and having tried all fixes I can it is very unreliable. Otherwise ZP999 hasnt skipped a beat.

webels wrote: »
    Not that I see any videos on youtube compared to the more well know brands but would a DIY repair of the port be a possibility. From what you say it certainly sounds like the port is the issue as it nearly always is when you have ruled out the cables and chargers.

Have to say I find this phone great bar one major issue GPS is very poor and having tried all fixes I can it is very unreliable. Otherwise ZP999 hasnt skipped a beat.

I'd be tempted to give it a bash in normal circumstances, but I have a broken right shoulder that's getting operated on this day week. The right arm is in a sling, and will be for up to 7 more weeks, and I can barely manage to eat a bowl of Weetabix with the left, so soldering with it would be sketchy enough!

As for the GPS, I find it grand as long as PowerXtend is disabled. It mucks up the camera as well.

It's a shame there's nothing going on in terms of development for it, bar Marsapa ROM. It would be interesting if someone could port flyme from the Meizu MX4, same SoC. The odds of Zopo updating stock are slim and growing slimmer by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kese88

recently I just purchased the Zopo zp999 model all seems well but I do have an issue with the text messages, its seems if so every time a person may reply to my messages it starts a completely new thread and its a bit annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? and is there a way to resolve it?

Advertisement