Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish Gay Witch Pagan Wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I don't care what he gets up to in his own private time as long as he can fix the HSE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Aw, sounds magical :)
    Magick with a K I gather Whoops. Wiccans are funny. Only slightly older than scientology(though with at least an attempt at a backstory) and nearly as daft. Up there with Druids and such. Historically and theologically a bit silly.

However and to be fair every single Wiccan/Pagan type I've ever met has been universally pretty sound. Now maybe that's just been my personal experience, but it's something I'd find hard to say about pretty much any other religious belief. So that's something to be said in their favour, in a big way.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ew.

Scottish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Tristan: Burn the witch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Scottish Gay Witch Pagan Wedding???

I love that band!

Their third album, "Lesbian Baphomet Summoner" was brutal. The good brutal. With a metal growl. \m/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Given the title of this thread, I'm waiting for AH's least favourite ultramontanist troll to show up.

We should celebrate their first time referring to pagans and it actually being accurate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote: »
    Ew.
    Don't worry they're Scottish so nothing to see because they won't take off their duffel coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A show about gay Scottish witches, I smell a ratings winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Their third album, "Lesbian Baphomet Summoner" was brutal. The good brutal. With a metal growl. \m/

It's a classic of the homosexual pagan metal genre alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Wibbs wrote: »
    Magick with a K I gather Whoops. Wiccans are funny. Only slightly older than scientology(though with at least an attempt at a backstory) and nearly as daft. Up there with Druids and such. Historically and theologically a bit silly.

However and to be fair every single Wiccan/Pagan type I've ever met has been universally pretty sound. Now maybe that's just been my personal experience, but it's something I'd find hard to say about pretty much any other religious belief. So that's something to be said in their favour, in a big way.

From what I say on Wikipedia, hardly seems much stranger or sillier than any of the other established religions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

floggg wrote: »
    From what I say on Wikipedia, hardly seems much stranger or sillier than any of the other established religions.
    It isn't, but the other established religions came up from the bronze age onwards, faiths like Wicca et al came along after the enlightenment when people should have known better. Then again scientology and the moonies prove how easy it is to fool a remarkable amount of people even in the 20th/21st centuries.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Seems harmless enough to me. An excuse for people old enough to be "sensible" to wear dreads and dance about butt-arse-nekkid in the moonlight. Blessed be, let's wind-walk with our ancestors and not return to Ye Burning Tymes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Wibbs wrote: »
    It isn't, but the other established religions came up from the bronze age onwards, faiths like Wicca et al came along after the enlightenment when people should have known better. Then again scientology and the moonies prove how easy it is to fool a remarkable amount of people even in the 20th/21st centuries.

Meh. Just because a religion is 2000 years old, doesn't mean people born today shouldn't know better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Did they at least sacrifice a goat/kid/virgin?
    Yes but it was a virgin goat kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Iona Institute won't know where to start on this story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The Iona Institute won't know where to start on this story

Librul Dublin 4 meeja.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

If this proves anything, it's that people should need a bloody licence to get married......

conorhal wrote: »
    If this proves anything, it's that people should need a bloody licence to get married......

They do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

They do!

In the words of Rainer Wolfcastle....' Dat voz de joke..'

Advertisement