Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA amateur events in Ireland?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭

I've so enjoyed this last year of following the UFC type fighters but I've never been to an amateur or just more local event here. Is there a link to upcoming fights and the like around the country?

Thanks in advance for any info :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

http://severemma.com/ have an Irish MMA section you should check out as well as an Upcoming Events section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

MagicIRL wrote: »
    http://severemma.com/ have an Irish MMA section you should check out as well as an Upcoming Events section.

Hmmm nothing much up there at the moment. Might be too early in the year I guess...will check back.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

2 events on 28th February

EVENT: The Rumble in Rush 11

WHEN: 28th February 2015

WHERE: St Maurs GAA Club, Rush

and

EVENT: Chaos FC 14

WHERE: Everglades Hotel, Derry

http://severemma.com/events/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

SevereMMA wrote: »

and

EVENT: Chaos FC 14

WHERE: Everglades Hotel, Derry

http://severemma.com/events/

Will Chaos be available to watch live anywhere? Would love to see James Gallagher in action.

I doubt it, i havent heard anything about a stream and they havent done a live stream in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Clan Wars is on in Belfast on 29th March

Ryoshin is on in Dublin on the 11th April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Would love to see James Gallagher in action.

Such much buzz around James Gallagher. Seems like a lot is expected of him. I watched one of his fights (it was in Cage Warriors) and he looked decent, didn't blow his opponent out of the water or anything. Solid all the same.

I wonder when he plans to make his pro debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Such much buzz around James Gallagher. Seems like a lot is expected of him. I watched one of his fights (it was in Cage Warriors) and he looked decent, didn't blow his opponent out of the water or anything. Solid all the same.

I wonder when he plans to make his pro debut.
    To be fair, isn't he like 16? (or what ever he is now)
    He's got another good few years of rapid progression ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is the MMA league still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

SevereMMA wrote: »

Deadly ill try to make this as ive somewhere to stay in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Anybody know ticket prices for rumble in rush for adults and juniors? Can't get access in work.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

mooeire wrote: »
    Anybody know ticket prices for rumble in rush for adults and juniors? Can't get access in work.

Cheers

Juniors are €10 and adults are €25.. There's plenty of car parking, and a bar for refreshments.. Tickets are available at the door.

The Rumble never fails to disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Juniors are €10 and adults are €25.. There's plenty of car parking, and a bar for refreshments.. Tickets are available at the door.

The Rumble never fails to disappoint.

Cheers man, hope to make it out looks like a top night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

mooeire wrote: »
    Cheers man, hope to make it out looks like a top night

No bother, hope you got your ticket for tonight.. It'll be a cracking show, with RTE's Republic of Telly doing something on the fighters but I'm not exactly sure what (I've never seen the show).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Great night of fights tonight in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Nobody posts about amateur events anymore. A couple of years ago there was a full run down on most amateur results. What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nobody posts about amateur events anymore. A couple of years ago there was a full run down on most amateur results. What happened?

I used to post results here from Chaos events live as they happened, but last time nobody seemed interested so this time I didn't bother.

Severe MMA posted them on Facebook I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Great night of fights tonight in Derry.
    Seen the results through facebook. Seen a former training partner picking up another win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I hope that changes! Be great to know about them in advance.

We did live results from both Chaos and The Rumble. We have released Interviews and fight highlights of the last 5 fights from Chaos
    We also posted photos from Rumble in Rush and we have the last 5 fights from Rumble recorded, should be released tomorrow

• Advertisement

True there is not as much posted about it here on boards but there is definitely better coverage than ever with SevereMMA doing photo's, interviews and fight highlights. To get that level of coverage at amateur events is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I hope that changes! Be great to know about them in advance.

Most people get their local news through facebook.

Most of the coaches don't post up here anymore either as they have a separate group to discuss these things also on facebook and they grew tired of anonymous posters and trolls. The main reason I joined boards was actually to keep up to date with the local events and match making.

I love to see more chat about the Irish shows and amateur fighters coming up.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skeletor145

the amateur scence used to get covered alot more on this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Evolution MMA are running their third show this weekend in Tullamore, should be a good night of fights. Bonuses being offered for finishes and FOTN whichi think is great for the ammy scene (given the ruleset is not far from pro in terms of ability to inflict damage).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Gumbi wrote: »
    Evolution MMA are running their third show this weekend in Tullamore, should be a good night of fights. Bonuses being offered for finishes and FOTN whichi think is great for the ammy scene (given the ruleset is not far from pro in terms of ability to inflict damage).

Have you got the fight card for this?

Clips from EFC iii, very well run show and some good fights.

https://youtu.be/92tuoemhVtA

Am devastated about getting finished tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MMA Lucan

Ryoshin Fighting Championships 7, 11th April 2015. The Roadstone Sports Club, Kingswood, Tallaght. Fight card can be found on Facebook

MMA Lucan wrote: »
    Ryoshin Fighting Championships 7, 11th April 2015. The Roadstone Sports Club, Kingswood, Tallaght. Fight card can be found on Facebook

Oh ****, might be able to get right back into it so!

• Advertisement

What a show!

Was great to be part of Clan Wars yesterday, the venue is ideal for an MMA show, multiple big rooms for warm up areas and the event room is perfect!

Fair play to all the organizers involved, the show ran like clockwork

Advertisement