Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Detox" water

Options
  • 17-01-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I feel like I've been bombarded lately with friends drinking bottles of water with amongst other things, cumcumber, mint leaves, lime, lemon and strawberries and all attest to how wonderful it is... I'm a bit cynical about it... Can anyone tell me if its really all that its hyped up to be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If it makes someone drink more water, its all good. They would be better of eating the actual fruit to get the fibre, but they may still be getting some of the water soluble vitamins from it and not the sugar. Nothing wrong with it, much better than flavoured waters full of artifcial flavourings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's just them flavouring the water to make it more palatable but they don't are it any better for them in any meaningful way other than it makes them drink more water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Water is all it's hyped up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The guys in work are always slagging me...I walk around with a 2 ltr of Evian....its all good........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

anewme wrote: »
    The guys in work are always slagging me...I walk around with a 2 ltr of Evian....its all good........

Now that is something that really annoys me, of all the things we import , I cannot see why water should be one of them.
    In fact if I go to shop and they only sell foreign water, I politely inform the shop assistant that I am not buying any because they don't sell Irish water, and I leave. Usually to be honest I am just met with shrugged shoulders by a disinterested shop assistant, but it makes me feel a little better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Now that is something that really annoys me, of all the things we import , I cannot see why water should be one of them.
    In fact if I go to shop and they only sell foreign water, I politely inform the shop assistant that I am not buying any because they don't sell Irish water, and I leave. Usually to be honest I am just met with shrugged shoulders by a disinterested shop assistant, but it makes me feel a little better!

How sad. I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

anewme wrote: »

Its not just the water I meant though. I love water, drink it continuously throughout my day, even if I'm out for lunch / dinner its my drink of choice. Just curious the see if this new trend was something I should be embracing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

58221134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I love Evian Water, prefer it over any other brand.

Some people say they all taste the same, but I dont think so.

It's more expensive than most other brands too, but I don't mind paying as I enjoy it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement