Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women in their 30s and 40s exhibit a mix of wishful thinking and woeful ignorance whe

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Eramen wrote: »
    The world is not overpopulating, that was a doomsday population theory that was concocted in the 60's/70's. It's no longer applicable.

The vast majority of the world is already/is as we speak entering into a period of massive depopulation. The reality is that very few countries are sustaining their populations.

The cumulative effect of this drop-off will not be felt for a few decades, but most socialogists and economists don't think it will be too great for us (especially in the West as we are so advanced into the trend).

Like I'm going to take advice from someone who tried to kill Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

beks101 wrote: »
    As previously mentioned, people lie. Or change their mind. Or say what they need to say to maintain the relationship without really thinking about it.

A pattern I've noticed is that lots of guys will think "sure, I want kids. Some day". They just don't realize at say, 25, that 'some day' creeps up a lot quicker than they had expected, say three or four years down the line - as opposed to maybe ten - so when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is, it all comes crumbling down.

Surveys in the US show men's interest in marriage peaks in their early twenties where women's peaks in the late twenties early thirties where it drops for men.

I know from my friends that past thirty guys expect a relationship for at least three to five years before marriage and or kids as jumping in has serious consequences.

Advertisement