Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid Goes Viral Because Of Accent (VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Supposedly he's 18. And I doubt he minds being seen as a May Mc Fetridge 2.0.

Why else would he give an exaggerated interview like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Poor lad,i have to admit I found it funny though. I can picture him being a rising star in the DUP in a few years time he looks and sounds the part anyway :) I don't think it warrants a thread mind,because that poor youngfella,and I'd say he's no more than 15 is probably getting a sh1tload of abuse over it from his peers,he doesn't need people dragging it out.If the same kid was sitting in a wheelchair saying the same thing the thread would probably be locked after two or three posts
    Aye, there's a quare chance of a youngfella from Park winding up in the DUP alright.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Aye, there's a quare chance of a youngfella from Park winding up in the DUP alright.:pac:

Park is like Claudy isn't it? Mainly Catholic?
    He just sounds County Derry to me, which is a very different accent to Derry city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

He was on the "Ray Darcy show, minus Ray Darcy, presented by Neil Delamere, soon to be starting Anton 'no bobble head yet' Savage" today...

Gas craic so he was. He chased the local tv crew to interview him apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

Not with a name like Ruari! 😜

• Advertisement

Park is like Claudy isn't it? Mainly Catholic?
    He just sounds County Derry to me, which is a very different accent to Derry city
    Park is like nowhere else on Earth!:pac: World renowned for its . . er . . electrical experts.;)
    Aye County Derry accent is very different to the city accent, lot less whiny and high pitched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

"Oh God it's mad craic altogether, Imagine that Eva? I thought it had just gone as far as the free state, but honest ta god it even went as far as Japan and Pakistan and America Overnight!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Just seems like brilliant PR for an aspiring comedian. He'll get his own show on UTV for that. It will be shiit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Fair play to him. What's the harm. No need to abuse the chap, although I kept picturing Ian Paisley, Ulster says nooo to frostbite!!

Enjoy the spotlight kid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

At a stage when Facebook is clogged with utter nonsense and dread, this video gave me a good laugh. Seems like a nice fella with a good personality. I'd say he's quality on a night out on the gargle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

He sounds like a 90 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

His impressions video is even better when you stick the subtitles on within YouTube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I think he sounds like the late Ian Paisley, find it hilarious how everyone is saying they love his accent! :D

The young lad seems like a funny character though, don't get the hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Now that its established that he is an impressionist can we presume he was taking the mick out of Ian Paisley?

Macavity. wrote: »
    I think he sounds like the late Ian Paisley, find it hilarious how everyone is saying they love his accent! :D

The young lad seems like a funny character though, don't get the hate.
    FalconGirl wrote: »
    Now that its established that he is an impressionist can we presume he was taking the mick out of Ian Paisley?
    He sounds nothing like Ian Paisley, it's a genuine County Derry accent!!:mad:

The Backwards Man

He sounds nothing like Ian Paisley, it's a genuine County Derry accent!!

Apologies, didn't mean to upset any Londonderry posters!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I can only use sign language.

Its a sort of "slappy" noise if that helps you (sound ) picture it.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I can only use sign language.

Its a sort of "slappy" noise if that helps you (sound ) picture it.

I see. You believe it to be perfectly acceptable to take the p*ss of of people with a learning disability?

What's your stance on black people?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Duck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

I presume since he does you tube impressions that this was a Paisley impresssion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

When i first heard it i thought magherafelt,ballymena locale.Obviously we know now that he was actin' the goat,but he sounded like an elderly,bitter Presbyterian farmer from mid ulster to me,trapped in a kids body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

petrolcan wrote: »
    I see. You believe it to be perfectly acceptable to take the p*ss of of people with a learning disability?

What's your stance on black people?

Doesn't matter what stance you use, 9 times out of 10 they'll end up dunking on you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

he is the new Kevin McAleer.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

"Remember he is a smart and talented guy studying for three A levels" - UTV News Video

ermm A levels are equivalent to the Leaving cert which is a standard level of education everyone is expected to do, oh and A levels are easier than the leaving cert. I'm not trying to insult the lad at all but what the news anchor said was very patronising. Like she was defending him because she thought many would judge him badly from the interview due to his accent.

I went to school with some very gifted people with thick sounding Birmingham accents. As they got older they thought themselves better due to their lucrative career and the money they made from it. So they decided they were going to put on a pathetic posh sounding holier-than-thou accent. Give me this down to earth fella over fake self-righteous people any day.

I would pay hundreds, no thousands, to see you go into that youngfella's hometown and say that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bright lad, studying three languages and yet he says Free State

What do they be teaching in schools up there?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Bright lad, studying three languages and yet he says Free State

What do they be teaching in schools up there?
    Common enough around Donegal and Derry to refer to the free state, it's just slang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Have it on good authority that the guy is completely taking the piss. Disappointed me - found the old-man-boy thing hilarious. Genuinely lolled when I heard him first, and that was before I found out he was 17/18. Presumed he was an ancient fella.
    I don't really know what you are picking up on in this video. I'm English and to me he sounds exactly the same as every other Irish person.
    Ok I know a lot of Irish accents are going to sound the same (e.g. the Cork and Limerick accents; similarly I couldn't tell the difference between the Leeds and Manchester accents) but there is no way it's not possible to tell the difference between that accent and other Irish accents. The difference in pronunciation alone. It's clear to me the difference between e.g. the Liverpool accent and a London one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Park is like nowhere else on Earth!:pac: World renowned for its . . er . . electrical experts.;)
    Aye County Derry accent is very different to the city accent, lot less whiny and high pitched.

Ah never been to Park, just know the general direction that its in and the demographic make up of County Derry communities confuses me.

At least in Derry city we have the decency to have a massive river between us :pac:

Also What you saying about Majella, would you ever shut up and take your oil (all delivered through nose :( )
    Have it on good authority that the guy is completely taking the piss. Disappointed me - found the old-man-boy thing hilarious.

Just rewatched a bunch of times and I'm still confused, he does sound really old but also sounds exactly like a lad I went to school with from out Claudy way. :confused:
    Maybe he's just taking the piss out of old farmer types that get interviewed on UTV but not Big Ian

• Advertisement

The Backwards Man

I would pay hundreds, no thousands, to see you go into that youngfella's hometown and say that.

I wouldn't do it for a million!

Advertisement