Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursdays racing

Options
  • 15-01-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Couple of interest at thurles.

3.15 Down Ace, jumped well at down royal beating a horse i had backed, 8/1 best price looks a very solid e/w play to me so long as all 8 go to post

3.45 Which brings me to the horse she beat Empire of Dirt, i wont play at the current 9/4 but if he drifted i would certainly take another look, claimer taking 7pounds off and will be fine over the trip and with the likely conditions

2.45 Good race, shame there's only the 4 had been planning on backing texas jack since reading the entries but with only the 4 declared and champagne fever being one of them ill be reducing my stake!!! Only a small play as i thought he ran a fine race against don cossack on his re-appearance and is a C&D winner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Im liking alot of horses today too many kings theatre horses running who i always have a soft spot for, which is quite dangerous.

The first horse at market raesen is a bit speculative 50-1 skaghardgannon lad for jenny candlish who is finding some form fell last time out when travelling well.

The one i really like today is Very noble 3.10 wincanton bottom weight coming down in trip for chris gordon was a useful looking prospect for paul nicholls and seemed to lose his way really fancy it today at 14-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Taff

kings theatre horses running who i always have a soft spot for, .

nice write up that may interest http://www.geegeez.co.uk/kings-theatre-reigns-supreme/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

I seem to fancy a lot of horses today, in the 1st at thurles i like battle hym at 3/1 also! have had 4 e/w single bets on my strong fancies and stuck the lot (thurles/meydan) into a small stakes heinz

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Jaysus, 66/1 winner of the first in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Jaysus, 66/1 winner of the first in Thurles.

And roared home by a few in the crowd. Be nice to have had that info. Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

sdoc13 wrote: »
    And roared home by a few in the crowd. Be nice to have had that info. Ha.

It's a kings theatre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Will milsean turn out to be a grand national winner in time,I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sting60 wrote: »
    Will milsean turn out to be a grand national winner in time,I think so.
    Think they will be going chasing after that race. Pace quickened at the close there and the horse found nothing whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Copper asleep. Thought he could win on the bridle.

Take out his physical size Milsean is nothing special. He's one paced and that won't change over fences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

corny wrote: »
    Copper asleep. Thought he could win on the bridle.

Take out his physical size Milsean is nothing special. He's one paced and that won't change over fences.

He did the same thing on a horse last week was travelling all over the winner who just jumped the last a bit better and beat him on the run in. Can't remember the name of the horse.

Edit was on As de Ferbet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Real Mullins benefit.

I like Davinias Tip in the 315. Jockey 2 wins and place from 4, 3 wins and place from 6 on soft. 33/1 and trainer had 66/1 already today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Can't wait to see all the posts on ATR and Racing Post's facebook how it was a fix and Ruby and Willie backed the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Think they will be going chasing after that race. Pace quickened at the close there and the horse found nothing whatsoever.

Firstly cooper was asleep and secondly he is a big raw horse was 17 hands before been sold to giggenstown and Gary o Brien said he is now 17.3 so he is still very backward.he should have one more race this season a chase and then bring him along for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Champagne fever @Evs 14:45 Thurles

votecounts wrote: »
    Champagne fever @Evs 14:45 Thurles
    Cannot see it being beat.

Cannot see it being beat.

I think this time of year Mullins has started to let the horses down for March. Took Texas Jack at a nice price.

Good race. Shame CF hit the deck. Think he would have just held on.

Shemale wrote: »
    I think this time of year Mullins has started to let the horses down for March. Took Texas Jack at a nice price.

WRONG!

Thanks God Fever got up, looked bad when he was in the air.

Good race. Shame CF hit the deck. Think he would have just held on.

Don't think so think Don was getting him. What a shame Smokey Joe Joe fell. Would have been a nice prize for second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I was looking forward to the finish until the fall, I think don Cossack would have won.
    Champagne fever always manages to disappoint

• Advertisement

Don't think so think Don was getting him. What a shame Smokey Joe Joe fell. Would have been a nice prize for second

Well we'll never know but i wasn't impressed by Coopers bullishness post race. Seemed to me DC was held every time he came to challenge. Would that have changed after the last? Well by Coopers own admission CF had him for toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Well we'll never know but i wasn't impressed by Coopers bullishness post race. Seemed to me DC was held every time he came to challenge. Would that have changed after the last? Well by Coopers own admission CF had him for toe.

in fairness Cooper said he stayed close to Ruby much earlier than he would normally have because he didnt want ti be done for toe.
    Ruby steadied into the last and Don rose marginally first

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Gordon Elliott having a great season. Hope he can get a few winners at the festival.

Think the ground today would suit Cossack better, looked like he was getting on top when Fever fell.

Can't say I understand the wall of money for the Mullins horse in the hunter chase. Oscar Delta at 10/1 is a massive, massive price in my opinion. Will do just fine over the trip, the undulating track and the distance. Favourite on the other hand has a lot to do to justify the 4/5 price.

Can't say I understand the wall of money for the Mullins horse in the hunter chase. Oscar Delta at 10/1 is a massive, massive price in my opinion. Will do just fine over the trip, the undulating track and the distance. Favourite on the other hand has a lot to do to justify the 4/5 price.

Very easy to see why he's backed he's a 144 rated chaser and hacked up in his point. He could be a serious horse in this sphere. Think 10/1 for the Foxhunters is big

Very easy to see why he's backed he's a 144 rated chaser and hacked up in his point. He could be a serious horse in this sphere. Think 10/1 for the Foxhunters is big
    In my experience, a lot of these highly rated chasers who drop down into hunter chases usually have some sort of problem. If anything, Prince De Beauchene might even be worth a place lay.

In my experience, a lot of these highly rated chasers who drop down into hunter chases usually have some sort of problem. If anything, Prince De Beauchene might even be worth a place lay.

Yeah a lot are coming from a long time off or been running in points for ages. This fella had that rating as recently as last back end and showed his worth when smashing a good pointer last time. Wouldn't be backing at the price but easy to see why they would be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

According to Kevin Blake on ATR Prince de Beauchene does not qualify for the foxhunters at cheltenham. So Dont back AP unless you are sure he can get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Prince de Bucheune should be winning this.

Oscar Delta disappointing on Sunday.

Advertisement