Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrygold Vs Lidl Creamery Butter

Options
  • 14-01-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I was hoping someone could shed some light on whether or not irish creamery butter is grassfed beef or not. Nothing on the packaging and I'd prefer to spend an extra quid for the DG to get the grassfed beef.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

It's produced by the Town of Monaghan Co-operative.
    Town of Monaghan makes it butter from locally produced fresh, high quality full fat milk from cows that are fed on a predominately grass based diet. We concentrate our efforts on the flexible and efficient production of Irish creamery butter in accordance with traditional methods.

I doubt Kerrygold is 100% grass fed milk.
    I'm reckon farmers would give the cows nuts/grain also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LHPHB

It's produced by the Town of Monaghan Co-operative.

I doubt Kerrygold is 100% grass fed milk.
    I'm reckon farmers would give the cows nuts/grain also.

Thanks alot for that, will continue with the Co-Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Practically all Irish cattle are grass fed but I don't think any are on a diet of 100% grass rather most of their diet is grass. In terms of bovine nutrition i'd imagine there wouldn't really be a difference between either product.

Advertisement