Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Irish Beers to try in 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I actually ended up going to the B&C last evening before the play, had a couple of pints of Dash Away, and a pint of Black Perle from Wicklow Wolf.

Dash Away is such a nice stout, the cherry is really only noticeable on the nose, but the deep dark chocolate bitterness in the taste is absolutely brilliantly done.

Went to The Norseman afterwards and had a Sheep Stealer, the style is just not for me - it's a take on a Saison, right? "Irish Farmhouse Ale". Don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Its a poor version of a saison to be fair, wouldn't give up on that style just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've had a couple of others and found they all had this weird off taste in the back of my throat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

n97 mini wrote: »
    What's the price?

I can't remember exactly. I'll check the next time I'm down there. Wouldn't have been more than €3 I'd say. While there are a wide selection of German beers available in the supermarkets, it can be difficult to get foreign beers. You'll have your Guinness and even your Murphy's. But I hadn't seen O'Hara's before.

And stout is a beer style that the Germans don't really give a whole amount of time to. Lovely alternatives of course, but cannot beat that dry Irish style the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheMadBrewer

...In other news, Leann Follaín is now available in my local supermarket here in Germany. ...

It shows up now and then here in Los Angeles at the better beer shops. Draft O'Hara's Stout appears from time to time as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I've had most of those. Good list. And great to see Sheep Stealer on it. That was one of the highlights for me at the Beer Fest last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The Hurler? I've tried nearly everything everything on the list but wouldn't recommend this one.

Advertisement