Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC Horizon - What's the right diet for you

• 14-01-2015 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching this and I thought it was really interesting.

It hypothesises that overweight people fit into one of three categories as to why they overeat, and as such, should follow a diet based on these.

What's everyone elses thoughts?

Link to the test
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

It's not necessarily '1 of 3 diets fits all'. My hubby took the test and the result said 'none of the diets were recommended for him'.

I must say, I was looking at it thinking I was most likely a constant craver. I took the test and it confirmed it. Interestingly enough I had tried Intermittent Fasting last year for approx 3 months and I had fantastic results. I think I might give it a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

"Constant Craver

You have a strong biological drive to eat and in today’s world, where there are many eating opportunities, you easily put on weight. It will take more effort for you to diet than for most people.

You may have a high number of the genes linked to obesity risk, which are believed to have descended from ancestors who lived when food was scarce but ate well when food was available.

Intermittent dieting will help you conserve your mental energy so you can stick with the eating plan for longer than conventional dieting.

Experts recommend eating at least 600kcal and no more than 800kcal per day on two consecutive days each week, then eating a generally healthy diet for the other five, but without counting calories."

What a loada shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Lia_lia wrote: »
    "Constant Craver

You have a strong biological drive to eat and in today’s world, where there are many eating opportunities, you easily put on weight. It will take more effort for you to diet than for most people.

You may have a high number of the genes linked to obesity risk, which are believed to have descended from ancestors who lived when food was scarce but ate well when food was available.

Intermittent dieting will help you conserve your mental energy so you can stick with the eating plan for longer than conventional dieting.

Experts recommend eating at least 600kcal and no more than 800kcal per day on two consecutive days each week, then eating a generally healthy diet for the other five, but without counting calories."

What a loada shite.

Sounds like the Butterfield Diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I tried the test and got all 3 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Have my doubts about the whole BMI thing for a start. This website tells me I'm overweight, bordering on very overweight, I have a wi fit thing at home and that tells me I'm obese. I'm 6 foot tall, 15 stone bang on, have a 34" waist and no belly whatsoever. Whatever I am (and apparently that's a feaster and constant craver) I am certainly not obese!
    I'm just big boned!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

papu wrote: »
    Sounds like the Butterfield Diet.

Mmmm, chocolate currency

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GunnerBlue

I got constant craver too. I wouldn't have said that myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

42% feaster, 38% constant craver; 20% emotional eater. Would have put myself as 60:20:20 if I had to guess. Much prefer big feasts than 3-5 small meals.

Advertisement