Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 visa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,067 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So if my position for example is on the list and salary doesn't meet the minimum would there be any issues? does there have to be proof shown that I am been paid the minimum?

If your salary is below the minimum, then you don't qualify for a 457.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

So if my position for example is on the list and salary doesn't meet the minimum would there be any issues?

Definitely

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/liberals-tighten-checks-on-457-visas/story-fn9hm1gu-1227267088406

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Thank s!!are there any other options? My girlfriends job is on the CSOL but the hospital won't sponsor her which is strange due to funding is there anyway she can sponsor herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

A lot of places won't sponsor because they see it as hassle. Same in Ireland and most countries that I've worked in.

You can only sponsor yourself if you set up a company and then hire yourself against the CSOL. To do this the company would need to comply with the rules for sponsoring under a 457.

Effectively, there are no short cuts.

serious pain in the ass ! Royal Melbourne hospital one of the main ones can't for out a couple of thousand for sponsorship ! such an effort moving all the time! were going to come back and try the alfred early next year

• Advertisement

serious pain in the ass ! Royal Melbourne hospital one of the main ones can't for out a couple of thousand for sponsorship !

Are you actually surprised by that?
    It's not a free process, hospitals are constantly struggling with funding. I wouldn't imagine it would be easy to drum up a few thousand unless they are really struggling to fill the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

It's not just forking out a couple of thousand. They need to meet other requirements such as spending a certain percentage of total payroll on training and upskilling Australian workers. They also need to prove they can't find an Australian to do they job and that they tried to. They would also be responsible for your flights home so that's another liability they would assume.

It's not always black and white unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I work in the medical industry, I know loads of people from Ireland & UK sponsored on ENS and some 457s. Radiologists, Nurses, Scientists, Doctors and Engineers. some have all paid for including Visas, flights, startup rent, relocation expenses.

If you are required it's no problem end of story.

A sense of entitlement is not enough to get a visa to stay because you want.

TSMIT is too low anyway $54K is only monkey feed , for skilled threshold it should be up around $65K+ but I suppose that would kill the 457 for the likes of filling needed places in farming & hospality in rural areas as these tend to pay crap wages.

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you actually surprised by that?
    It's not a free process, hospitals are constantly struggling with funding. I wouldn't imagine it would be easy to drum up a few thousand unless they are really struggling to fill the role.

oh no not surprised they took her on, on a 6 month position with a view to permanency taking their word unfortunately got nothing in writing off them and then they dropped it on us with 5 weeks left in her contract! :(

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I work in the medical industry, I know loads of people from Ireland & UK sponsored on ENS and some 457s. Radiologists, Nurses, Scientists, Doctors and Engineers. some have all paid for including Visas, flights, startup rent, relocation expenses.

If you are required it's no problem end of story.

A sense of entitlement is not enough to get a visa to stay because you want.

TSMIT is too low anyway $54K is only monkey feed , for skilled threshold it should be up around $65K+ but I suppose that would kill the 457 for the likes of filling needed places in farming & hospality in rural areas as these tend to pay crap wages.

Yeah I also think Pharmacy Technician (her qualification) does not even meet the threshold!!

• Advertisement

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Yeah, a blanket threshold for all positions makes little sense. As all occupations aren't close to being on equivalent pay grades.
    oh no not surprised they took her on, on a 6 month position with a view to permanency taking their word unfortunately got nothing in writing off them and then they dropped it on us with 5 weeks left in her contract! :(
    A view to a permanent position isn't the same as a view to sponsorship.
    Yeah I also think Pharmacy Technician (her qualification) does not even meet the threshold!!
    Pharmacy Technician is on the CSOL. So the qualification is eligible.
    Whether the salary is, is a different matter.

Advertisement