Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Prices Going Down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why such a huge drop in the barrel price of oil is only marginally reflected at the pumps or the kerosene price?

Your government.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

maybe some one can correct me if I'm wrong but I think since 2008 the tax on a litre of petrol\diesel increased by 15cent, so oil will have to drop a good bit more to get to fuel 2008 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Oil is bought and paid for long in advance of it arriving into your car, it's not like every time you squeeze the pump handle you're buying brent crude off the fcking commodities market. The petrol you're buying today was bought a considerable amount of time in the past at a different price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

What's a fracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

What's a fracker?

a fcking cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

maybe some one can correct me if I'm wrong but I think since 2008 the tax on a litre of petrol\diesel increased by 15cent, so oil will have to drop a good bit more to get to fuel 2008 prices.
    Very true, the rate oil prices increased in the last few years was exceptional, the drop is expected at a similar rate... Arabs squeezing Arabs, Arabs squeezing US, US squeezing Russia - codswallop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oil is bought and paid for long in advance of it arriving into your car, it's not like every time you squeeze the pump handle you're buying brent crude off the fcking commodities market. The petrol you're buying today was bought a considerable amount of time in the past at a different price.

It depends on your definition of long in advance, but I certainly wouldn't call it that. The petrol/diesel you are pumping probably priced as Crude within the previous month.

Advertisement