Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of known fighter cabs.

Options
  • 12-01-2015 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I was playing some VF5 in quirkeys earlier on today and I was wondering what cabs do you know of that are still out there ?
    I can't imagine there being many but It'd be cool if we could compile a list of what place has what cabs etc.
    I seen a map on SRK which showed which places in france you can play ST and It made me think of making this thread :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd wage you could count the list of genuine cabs left on 2 hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'd wage you could count the list of genuine cabs left on 2 hands.
    I was also thinking this.
    I wasn't really back into fighters when I was down in waterford a few years back, so I can't remember if they had any.
    Was too occupied with battle gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

In the Blackbird bar in Rathmines there are two SF2 cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

the R.A.G.E. in Dublin has a cab with loads of roms - It's not really an original cab nor does it have good sticks/buttons (so broken ;_;) but its playable. And it has Street Fighter EX so there's that....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's SF2 mame cabs popping up in a lot of pubs now. There's 1 in fibbers, one in the Station House in Raheny, and one in Cassidys, to name a few.

Sticks are usually broken, people always want to try and beat me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Now I've got a good reason to check those pubs out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I think Blackbird Rathmines has one too

Simon_K wrote: »
    the R.A.G.E. in Dublin has a cab with loads of roms - It's not really an original cab nor does it have good sticks/buttons (so broken ;_;) but its playable. And it has Street Fighter EX so there's that....
    I wouldn't call the button mapping on their SFA2 rom playable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

airmax87 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call the button mapping on their SFA2 rom playable :pac:

Kicks on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Little Caesar's/Dr. Quirkey's in Phibsboro, Dublin 7 has a genuine Tekken 6 cabinet. Or, well, they had, when I was last there.
    Macal wrote: »
    In the Blackbird bar in Rathmines there are two SF2 cabs.

Not been in there since the transition from the Rathmines Inn last year. Is it just World Warrior?

• Advertisement

Kicks on top?
    all over the place

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Little Caesar's/Dr. Quirkey's in Phibsboro, Dublin 7 has a genuine Tekken 6 cabinet. Or, well, they had, when I was last there.

Not been in there since the transition from the Rathmines Inn last year. Is it just World Warrior?

Last time I was there it was November last year and they were there. They might have been temporarily moved during refurbishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

If anyone is ever around Maynooth, Player 1 has a cab with a large amount of roms. The button mapping is ideal for 6 button fighters but the sticks could be more sensitive for the square gate corners.

There is another machine in the college located in the engineering building, that students made a few years ago. This was the same one around at Dominicon.

spriral wrote: »
    If anyone is ever around Maynooth, Player 1 has a cab with a large amount of roms. The button mapping is ideal for 6 button fighters but the sticks could be more sensitive for the square gate corners.

There is another machine in the college located in the engineering building, that students made a few years ago. This was the same one around at Dominicon.
    Yeah I got a few games in on it, the sticks feel really weird and loose to me, no microswitches either so I wasn't used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I know its nostalgia but I really miss the arcades. The sounds, the darkness, the sprites, discovering new things looking over a shoulder as there was no youtube (or internet). Something about standing side by side and playing a fighting game.

I played in an online tournament in Injustice last weekend and really enjoyed it. I always felt too old and not good enough to go into tournaments but in 2015 if any of you are running them then give me a shout please.

I have the time now for the first time ever and a rail pass so when Tekken 7, MKX and SFV hit I will be hoping to compete and also and head in for casuals.

So if you see somebody who looks like your Da in for a tournament then its me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I played in an online tournament in Injustice last weekend and really enjoyed it. I always felt too old and not good enough to go into tournaments but in 2015 if any of you are running them then give me a shout please.

I have the time now for the first time ever and a rail pass so when Tekken 7, MKX and SFV hit I will be hoping to compete and also and head in for casuals.

So if you see somebody who looks like your Da in for a tournament then its me :cool:

yea luke(irishmantis) said he'll prob do more of them, i would of played with ya's but no stick for ps4 yet :(

def make your way down for casuals when you can and dont worry about your age or skill level if you make the effort to show up for a tourny your more than "good enough" to attend :)

anyway more on topic, yea that machine in rage is mapped mad alright, had a mk2 session with the lads while waiting for mk9 one time, was well funny, balltop kept coming off and rolling across the floor also

Almost 1cc'd VF5 in quirkeys, then got slaughtered by Akira at the last stage.
    Pretty good considering the only time i get to play VF5 is in quirkeys once a week on a monday

There's a tattoo place/cafe called the Ink Factory which has an SF2 cab. It's up on Wellington Quay, about 2 mins away from the XGC.

There's a tattoo place/cafe called the Ink Factory which has an SF2 cab. It's up on Wellington Quay, about 2 mins away from the XGC.
    No way, I get the bus there every day and never knew, I supposed I hardly pop my head in, is it a legit one or a MAME cab ?

No way, I get the bus there every day and never knew, I supposed I hardly pop my head in, is it a legit one or a MAME cab ?

I wasn't in the place, I could only see the from the window, but it had the exterior of a legit SF 2 cab.

• Advertisement

I wasn't in the place, I could only see the from the window, but it had the exterior of a legit SF 2 cab.
    Ill be checking it out in a few minutes

EDIT:
    It's a MAME cab with flatscreen, and a few games.
    Bottom buttons are reversed for kicks , ie the third one does LK, but top are grand and its playable.

Had few rounds of SF2 with a chap that works there, nice people in there.
    I've been getting the bus there for a while now and never thought of looking in the window.
    Apparantley cassidys on westmoreland street has one too.tumblr_nivzi3dpaM1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thought you lads might like this, just got my third candy today, a Sega Aerocity.

Planning on turning it into a dedicated fighting cabinet.

Seriously, feck the MAME/LCD crap you see around town with their rubbish happ/generic sticks and buttons - import the real deal and trick it out with proper parts :)

DSC_0977_zpsajzkoara.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thought you lads might like this, just got my third candy today, a Sega Aerocity.

Planning on turning it into a dedicated fighting cabinet.

Seriously, feck the MAME/LCD crap you see around town with their rubbish happ/generic sticks and buttons - import the real deal and trick it out with proper parts :)

DSC_0977_zpsajzkoara.jpg
    If someone would be kind enough to hire me , A candy cab would be first on the list :pac: , Naomi board and CVS2 is all i need

Master of the Universe

Just remember that if you do that, Naomi is JVS and not jamma, so you'd either need to buy a Sega Naomi or a Sega New Net City cab to play it in.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse as pretty much everything is jamma compatible and works in everything - just not Naomi JVS! :(

You can get adapters to convert it to jamma but they're a bit pricey from what I remember.

Just remember that if you do that, Naomi is JVS and not jamma, so you'd either need to buy a Sega Naomi or a Sega New Net City cab to play it in.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse as pretty much everything is jamma compatible and works in everything - just not Naomi JVS! :(

You can get adapters to convert it to jamma but they're a bit pricey from what I remember.

Balls, I just assumed everything was JAMMA.
    MVS and multicart it is :D

MAME Cab in the rage isn't there anymore !

Master of the Universe

Balls, I just assumed everything was JAMMA.
    MVS and multicart it is :D

Who needs CVS2 when you have The Last Blade, Samurai Showdown 2 and MOTW? :)

Those MVS multicarts are pretty impressive. Apart from all the hacks of course. Shame they can't be filtered out of the menu.

I've been debating whether to get one or not as it'll instantly make my MVS collection redundant. Which is something I've put a lot of time and effort into and am not sure if I'm ready to let it go yet... :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Weirdly enough the arcades I grew up with all had the cheapo happs so if I want something nostalgic, the worse the better :D

That said, sanwa all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Weirdly enough the arcades I grew up with all had the cheapo happs so if I want something nostalgic, the worse the better :D

True, who needs 6 buttons when you can have 4 and two that get stuck down if you make the mistake of pressing them? 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

These bad boys Doom.

Love to try them again after getting so used to Sanwas because I don't remember them being difficult to use.

SSJS6__41208.1405444868.600.600.jpg?c=2SSJS6-bottom__63248.1405456381.600.600.jpg?c=2

JS-22__39425.1405446946.600.600.jpg?c=2JS-22-bottom__51866.1405454673.600.600.jpg?c=2

Advertisement