Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Careful I know a bunch of Klingons who would crush your Jem'hadar buddies

Sorry, but no. It's out there, no backsies, DS9 was the best Trek show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Links234 wrote: »
    DS9 > All

There, I've thrown a spanner in the works. Let the nerd battle rage! :D

I was in denial like this too, but then it went down the tubes at a great rate somewhere around season 4. Sort your life out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

kneemos wrote: »
    How far away is space?
    You can see it from space is a common saying,but is it that far away?

What space?

Anyway, Babylon5 is where it's at. Act like you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

DS9 was the nadir of a show that should have been forgotten once the sixties had passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What space?

Attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You're wrong it's Voyager..bwhahaha I can't say that seriously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Stephen Hawking warns we should be wary of getting in touch with possible aliens, as they could be far more intelligent than us, and we could lead to our own destruction if we make contact and they come to raid the planet for resources, and there is likely millions upon millions of planets in Goldilocks zones around other stars, where it isn't too hot or too cold.

Space is so big we don't know...yet. The new telescope to be launched within the next ten years is expected to give us a lot more information as it will be able to see what makes up the atmosphere on other planets outside our solar system.

I was in denial like this too, but then it went down the tubes at a great rate somewhere around season 4. Sort your life out.

Not the case at all, it was a terrific show and only got better as it went on.
    Anyway, Babylon5 is where it's at. Act like you know.

Actually, yes, few shows even come close to B5, but as far as Trek goes, DS9 was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Attic.

Office

• Advertisement

Not the case at all, it was a terrific show and only got better as it went on.

Put down the crack pipe.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Office

Crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pffft. Blakes 7. That is all.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Stephen Hawking warns we should be wary of getting in touch with possible aliens, as they could be far more intelligent than us, and we could lead to our own destruction if we make contact and they come to raid the planet for resources, and there is likely millions upon millions of planets in Goldilocks zones around other stars, where it isn't too hot or too cold.

Space is so big we don't know...yet. The new telescope to be launched within the next ten years is expected to give us a lot more information as it will be able to see what makes up the atmosphere on other planets outside our solar system.

Space is like time,

Time is natures way of making sure everything doesn't all happen at once

Space is natures way of making sure everything isn't all happening in the same place.

I love this site

http://htwins.net/scale2/

it shows how big the universe is, and how freakin tiny the smallest elementary particles are

MadsL wrote: »
    Pffft. Blakes 7. That is all.

No one actually likes Blakes 7, they just say it to look like the most in the know nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

it shows how big the universe is, and how freakin tiny the smallest elementary particles are

But can it really show how, like, really big it is? Like really really big?

I love this site

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Nobody knows how big tit is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

There you go, talking about tits again!!!! :mad:

Put down the crack pipe.

I'll do no such thing! It had the best supporting cast of any of the Treks, Sisko was a brilliantly written character, he was flawed and suffered from PTSD. It also had some of the best episodes of any Trek, The Visitor or Far Beyond The Stars for example. ;)

• Advertisement

How far away is space?
    You can see it from space is a common saying,but is it that far away?

Also, unless something is indoors or camouflaged, whether you can see it from space or not depends on your eyesight/equipment

You can see the pyramids from space with your naked eye, but you can the deckchairs in my back garden with a spy satellite, and if we could be bothered to waste billions of dollars, we could probably read the small print in a pocket dictionary from space if we put the right satelite into orbit.

Crawl
    Parking

Nope, but we do know how big the visible universe is, and that's pretty damn big.. like super big

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Far Beyond The Stars for example. ;)

That episode is a load of rubbish :P

A random episode about racism in the middle of a war, nothing to do with Trek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I remember a friend of mine telling me, in all seriousness, that the lads in Apollo 11 lunar orbiter 'had a punch-up' to decide who was going to the surface and who was gong to be first on the Moon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

No one actually likes Blakes 7, they just say it to look like the most in the know nerd.
    Blake's 7 was great but unfortunately was made on a budget of around 5p. Avon remains The Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

According to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale, the world governing body for aeronautics records, outer space begins 100 kilometers (roughly 62 miles) above sea level. This barrier, known as the Kármán Line, represents the height at which air is too thin to give a vehicle sufficient aerodynamic lift to maintain its altitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I remember a friend of mine telling me, in all seriousness, that the lads in Apollo 11 lunar orbiter 'had a punch-up' to decide who was going to the surface and who was gong to be first on the Moon. :D

In a July 2009 interview with The Guardian, Michael Collins revealed that he was very worried about Armstrong and Aldrin's safety. He was also concerned that, in the event of their deaths on the Moon, he would be forced to return to Earth alone and, as the mission's sole survivor, be regarded as "a marked man for life".

• Advertisement

Blakes 7 wasn't bad back in the day.Complete rubbish now,but at the time slightly weird but watchable.

Advertisement