Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Kerrygold unsalted butter in Dublin

Options
  • 11-01-2015 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Does somebody know where to buy unsalted kerrygold butter in Dublin?
    Or maybe you know some website where you can order online?

I always have a bulletproof coffee in the morning with butter but only get along with Kerrygold, the other brands are not so grass-fed. I've been in Portugal and brought some stock. Unfortunately will be finishing soon. I wonder if I should go to Belfast and try to buy it from Tesco there.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Joao
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

jnicolau wrote: »
    Hi,

Does somebody know where to buy unsalted kerrygold butter in Dublin?
    Or maybe you know some website where you can order online?

I always have a bulletproof coffee in the morning with butter but only get along with Kerrygold, the other brands are not so grass-fed. I've been in Portugal and brought some stock. Unfortunately will be finishing soon. I wonder if I should go to Belfast and try to buy it from Tesco there.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Joao
    Lidl do unsalted butter. Probably rebranded Kerrygold only cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Kerrygold don't sell their unsalted butter in Ireland believe it or not!

https://www.facebook.com/kerrygold/posts/426504134100697

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I just read the above FB comment but thats from 2013 and I'm nearly certain I purchased it last year (2014) in Dunnes in the Beacon South Quarter. Otherwise there are definitely other brands which produce unsalted butter available

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jnicolau

beauty101 wrote: »
    I just read the above FB comment but thats from 2013 and I'm nearly certain I purchased it last year (2014) in Dunnes in the Beacon South Quarter. Otherwise there are definitely other brands which produce unsalted butter available

I live in Dundrum and I go frequently to Dunnes in the Beacon Shopping, always looking for unsalted Kerrygold and never saw it there. Now just got this answer from Kerrygold in Facebook: "Hi João, thank you for your query, unfortunately Kerrygold unsalted butter is not currently available in Ireland."

For people like me that do Bulletproof coffee (coffee with unsalted butter), doing a ketogenic diet, grass-fed butter is a big deal. I don't get near the same levels of performance with other butters then with Kerrygold. I think that must mean something about the quality. Although there is a common understanding that any butter is grass-fed just because is sourced by Irish farmers, the effect in my body proves that it's not quite the same. I did try to contact those other brands and asked if they are grass-fed (and how much percent), got no answer by email nor by Facebook. In their web sites there is no mention to grass-fed. So, maybe they are grass-fed but not as much as Kerrygold, otherwise it's also possible que those cows are getting some sort of antibiotics that are damaging the quality of the butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jnicolau

ford2600 wrote: »
    Lidl do unsalted butter. Probably rebranded Kerrygold only cheaper.

Would be very surprised to if Kerrygold was being sold under Lidl brand, I can't see any good reason for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement