Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhinoplasty - advice needed

Options
  • 09-01-2015 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've been thinking about getting rhinoplasty for a long while now, I broke my nose in an accident about 6 years ago and ever since I haven't been happy with it. I'm 26 now and it's time I got it sorted - now or never. So my question to anyone out there is:
    1. Have you gotten a rhinoplasty procedure before?
    2. If so, where?
    3. How much did it cost?
    4. Were you happy with the results?

Of all of the research I have done, apparently the surgeon in the Beacon is very highly recommended, so if anyone has had a procedure there recently and could give me any info that would be great. If you don't want to post a public thread, please feel free to PM me either. Any info (especially on cost) would really be gratefully appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing some sound advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,495 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

network_no wrote: »
    I've been thinking about getting rhinoplasty for a long while now, I broke my nose in an accident about 6 years ago and ever since I haven't been happy with it. I'm 26 now and it's time I got it sorted - now or never. So my question to anyone out there is:
    1. Have you gotten a rhinoplasty procedure before?
    2. If so, where?
    3. How much did it cost?
    4. Were you happy with the results?

My sister had her nose done about 10 years ago, she was 22 or 23 at the time. In answer to the rest of your questions:

2) She got hers done in the Blackrock Clinic. Female surgeon I can't remember the name of right now, but I can ask her.

3) She paid €2,800 but as I said, that was ten years ago. I have no idea if prices have gone up or down since.

4) She's a different woman since she got it done. It looks pretty much the exact same to me (and my mum said the same thing a few years ago) but the difference it made to her outlook, confidence etc. was like someone flicking a switch. She lost weight she'd been struggling with for years, became far more outgoing & sociable, etc. Definitely one of the best decisions she ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 network_no

Thanks for the reply! I'll contact the Blackrock Clinic and see what options they have!

Advertisement