Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Hitting Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

335292.jpg

335291.jpg

335293.jpg

Pretty happy with the progress since monday. Although The 305 score were some of the worst darts I have ever thrown. Pretty happy with the 106 today although surprised that 16 took so long because its my favourite double most of the time.

I find its really easy to get stuck in my own head and exasperated if I don't hit the double in the first few attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Gave this a go. 181 hopefully come down with another attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Jarjohn wrote: »
    147 Wednesday for doubles around the board then 97 Thursday morning. I wont be going any lower!
    One of the lead, surely that's motivation to try again? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mykillokneel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

gramar wrote: »

Good darts, I'll have to claim back my top spot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

175 today. Annoying as I was on 142 when I hit double 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

paulie21 wrote: »
    175 today. Annoying as I was on 142 when I hit double 19

Its such an annoying game isn't it? Thanks Robman :rolleyes: ;)

I tried again the other night & was still on D12 when got to 126 darts(total 1st attempt), stopped counting after that :D

jamesbere wrote: »
    Good darts, I'll have to claim back my top spot

I'll have another crack tomorrow. I reckon with a bit of luck I could break 80.

I took 10 or 11 darts on a couple of doubles but that said I got 4 or 5 first dart so it all evens out.

I probably won't be playing much now that I'm back in college. I tend to get each in 3 or fewer or else 10+, doesn't seem to be any in between.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

175 as well, God I hate D1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mykillokneel

Changed grip back to one i used 15 years ago and did some more in the 140s 150s so consistent enough but a nice 109 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭celt262

Its funny the way they can go in one after the other and then get stuck on one for about 9 or 10 darts. I did 4,5 and 6 in 3 darts and 10,11 and 12 in 3 but in between had some terrible. Don't know how many I threw at 8 and 9.

Anyway I didn't get to finish as has to rush out but will go at it tonight and post up my score. I have been pretty bad at doubles lately and going up against others here and trying to beat there score will hopefully push me to practice them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find I do better from D6 around to D11 on the lower half of the board. I've big problems at times hitting the likes of D9, D12, D5, D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Tried this Sat night with a friend and few beers. Hit D1 and D2 first darts. D3 took me about twenty darts. 4,5,6, i hit with 7. (actually surprising myself, bar the D3) Then came D7:( After about 15 darts, i completly lost the throw, throwing flyers all over the shop. Lost count in the end. Will do it again but i feel any chance of decent numbers were lost that night.

I've been struggling on doubles 1 through 20 the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I got a dart board for my birthday a few weeks ago so will be eager to give this a try. I'm a real novice though so it may be an embarrassing score on my first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

First go was 113

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Down to 179. Such a frustrating game! Was on 11s in 60 darts yesterday and it all started going pear shaped.

It's such a mental thing can be picking them off in 1 or 2 darts then get stuck in a rut and throw 30 darts at one!

11 and 14 were the villains yesterday, then 16 took about 10 which I usually love. Ah well, will stick with it. Under 200 was my first target, under 150 next week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Good thread, I've never counted my total darts , what I usually do or should I say is attempt to do is go round the board in doubles but the rule is I have to hit each double in 9 darts or less or else it's game over and back to the start again! I never do it, there's always one baxtard double that will screw me over!

• Advertisement

Ok so I just had a crack at it, I took 148 darts to do it, I threw pretty poorly in all honesty, took me 12 darts to hit double 1 and then 17 darts to hit double 16 that was a particular lowlight for me, ah well the good news is it should only get better after that!

Yippee, just did it in 90 darts!

I had an amazing freakish start, I hit 1,2 &3 in my first visit! After that I kept going pretty well until I got to D10, I started to get fairly shaky from there on in, I had roughly 10 hit after 30 darts, no way I could stay at that level so I let that slide and then I was just hoping to break the 100 barrier, it was looking close but a good finish hitting 19 and 20 consecutively saw me do it in 90 flat or 30 visits, as that's how I count it.

Yippee, just did it in 90 darts!

I had an amazing freakish start, I hit 1,2 &3 in my first visit! After that I kept going pretty well until I got to D10, I started to get fairly shaky from there on in, I had roughly 10 hit after 30 darts, no way I could stay at that level so I let that slide and then I was just hoping to break the 100 barrier, it was looking close but a good finish hitting 19 and 20 consecutively saw me do it in 90 flat or 30 visits, as that's how I count it.

Nice job, definitely not an underachiever there. ;)

I gave it a go yesterday and made a good start before quitting. I'm convinced I'd do a whole lot better if my garage wasn't absolutely freezing! :o

robman60 wrote: »

I gave it a go yesterday and made a good start before quitting. I'm convinced I'd do a whole lot better if my garage wasn't absolutely freezing! :o

Thanks!

Yea cold garage wont help matters, I'm sure having freezing hands would not be conducive to throwing some lovely arrows!

Same problem here! Freezing in the garage. It's been 2 weeks since my last attempt but can't throw for more than 10 minutes before packing it in due to the cold.

gramar wrote: »
    Same problem here! Freezing in the garage. It's been 2 weeks since my last attempt but can't throw for more than 10 minutes before packing it in due to the cold.

I propose a handicap should be imposed on anyone who plays in a room of 10 degrees or above! :D

Alternatively, we could adopt a Wesley Harms approach and wear gloves in preparation. :p

I propose a handicap should be imposed on anyone who plays in a room of 10 degrees or above! :D

Alternatively, we could adopt a Wesley Harms approach and wear gloves in preparation. :p

I've never heard the top players complaining of the cold....only that its too hot! I propose a handicap on anyone with a garage :D

Gloves, scarfs, coats, hot water bottles strapped to ya.....make do lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Leaderboard updated.

Going through the thread there's significant improvement shown already by a couple of you. Well done :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

My best is 51 darts. That includes 25 and Bull. Thats a bad way to practice doubles though, I think you're better off to practice combo out shots. Start off at 50 and work your way up to 100

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

ComfortKid wrote:
    My best is 51 darts. That includes 25 and Bull. Thats a bad way to practice doubles though, I think you're better off to practice combo out shots. Start off at 50 and work your way up to 100

That should of been 81 not 51

Advertisement