Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost gift voucher?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I am going to make a note of the serial numbers on my cash notes so that I can go into the bank and ask for a replacement should I lose them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Melendez wrote: »
    That will not happen if the shop wait till expiry date before offering value - a belt and braces solution.

That may well be in a years time and some vouchers might not have any expiry date.

I am going to make a note of the serial numbers on my cash notes so that I can go into the bank and ask for a replacement should I lose them!

lol definitely worth doing! I look forward to your thread about the bank not issuing a new river for the one you lost!! Dam scamming banks!!

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »
    Jeez some people need a smack with a happy stick.

Lol! Totally going to use this in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - this thread is starting to circle the drain. Please stick to the topic at hand and keep it constructive.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    but its clearly a money making scheme for them.

That's how retail works, they sell goods and services in exchange for money. It's so Irish, but people expect pubs and shops to not make money!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Beano & Melendez warned for off-topic bickering and ignoring mod instruction. Off-topic posts deleted

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I recently had a €150 voucher replaced by Brown Thomas. The person who bought it had used a credit card to pay for it, BT traced the transaction and the voucher number using this, cancelled the unused voucher and issued a new one.

Was this a giftware rather than a voucher?

Gift cards must be authorised by a server so it is easy to see the history of the card and to cancel and transfer the balance to another one if necessary.

Paper vouchers should be treated like cash as they are valid for tender in the issuers shop upon presentation, it is not possible to trace usage of particular vouchers especially if they have no expiry date on them. I know of one retailer ,who dispute not issuing paper vouchers in almost 10 years, still receives paper vouchers as tender almost every day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Doing a project on gift card security. if you have time can you fill in the below

SNIP

• Registered Users Posts: 68,271 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stop bouncing threads and obey the site-wide rules about surveys please

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks L101,

appreciated !

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement