Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder Problems?

Options
  • 07-01-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Anyone else have problems with Tinder?

For roughly 2 months now I have been spamming the right swipe. Blatant disregard for who or what I'm swiping just consistently doing it. Its almost a habit. I can do it without looking at this stage. I even picked up an injury. My physio says its a repetitive strain injury in my thumb, similar to tennis elbow.

The problem is in the 2 months I've not had one match. Not even the fake matches where girls try to get you to sign up to Web-Cam sites. Are servers down or is there some issue with the app? I've tried reinstalling it but that hasnt worked out and its updated in Google Play to the latest version. Is this a common thing? Anybody else have issues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Try a better picture, and stop being a creep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Obligatory joke about lighting fires
    ---there is an online dating forum here though maybe ask there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Obligatory joke about lighting fires
    ---there is an online dating forum here though maybe ask there

Here's the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=335

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Us hot blokes still get matches all over the shop,have you tried reinstalling the app or being better looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

I dont even get the opportunity to be a creep, I cant get matches. I've tried the reinstall and that failed, any advice on how to be better looking? My mother and aunts tell me I'm handsome all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I sold a trailer load of turf through tinder, great app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

You must be a two bagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If you're a male on tinder, unless you're a 7 or more you'll get close to zero matches. Theres been studies done about this, girls no matter what they look like get tonnes of matches. Average and ugly boys get close to none, hot guys get a good few but far far less than hot girls. So don't beat yourself up about it, you'll have better luck in a club in real life.:)

DaDerv wrote: »
    I dont even get the opportunity to be a creep, I cant get matches. I've tried the reinstall and that failed, any advice on how to be better looking? My mother and aunts tell me I'm handsome all the time.

Well then, that's all that matters.

Don't mind them other young wangs, live with your mother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Just posting here because this is my 5,000th post.

Don't wanna be a like whore or anything so eh... Hey..!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Turn on the GPS on your device and increase the search radius :p

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Are you sure you're discoverable? Check your settings and make sure that you can actually be matched. Tick the little box that says I want to be discoverable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Delete it and start over because your account's obviously glitches since everyone at least matches with bots.

Yeah Tim I'm discoverable. Maybe I'm just a rare gem that when some girl finds she will hit the jackpot?? I've the radius set to 100mi. Sometimes it says there is nobody new around, and I've to wait a few days to try match more women?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

bb1234567 wrote: »
    If you're a male on tinder, unless you're a 7 or more you'll get close to zero matches. Theres been studies done about this, girls no matter what they look like get tonnes of matches.

Please provide evidence for these scholarly papers. The academic is me is dying to see these studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

My mother and aunts tell me I'm handsome all the time.

Ha ha ha ha ha... I hope this a wind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A modern day Tinderella story

I read a lot about fellas sending dick pics? It's not an approach I'm accustomed to but I'm willing to try anything at this stage. Problem is I'm not well endowed? Would that be an issue or would a woman see beyond that and want to get to know me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

The whole concept of Tinder just makes me feel very, very old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

DAS sYSTEM IST DER pROBLEM, JA

• Advertisement

I read a lot about fellas sending dick pics? It's not an approach I'm accustomed to but I'm willing to try anything at this stage. Problem is I'm not well endowed? Would that be an issue or would a woman see beyond that and want to get to know me?

Just use a zoomed in picture. Dick pics work all the time

Particulary unsolicited ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    If you're a male on tinder, unless you're a 7 or more you'll get close to zero matches. Theres been studies done about this, girls no matter what they look like get tonnes of matches. Average and ugly boys get close to none, hot guys get a good few but far far less than hot girls. So don't beat yourself up about it, you'll have better luck in a club in real life.:)

LIES! :(

Delete it and start over because your account's obviously glitches since everyone at least matches with bots.

Agreed, its an incredibly glitchy app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Everyone enjoys dick pics, here's some of my favourites
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYxMTAzMTk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzcwNzU2._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://media.salon.com/2013/11/dick_cheney-620x412.jpg

http://www.olympia.ie/fs/img/gallery/rs-800x600/rs-278x167/dickie-rock-1-oct-2012-david-doyle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gandalph wrote: »
    Please provide evidence for these scholarly papers. The academic is me is dying to see these studies.

There's an element of truth in this, even ugly girls will get a ****load of matches,one girl who i'd consider way below "average" would get around 50 matches a day on Tinder,a decent looking will only get a tiny fraction of this (unless he is properly good looking). A good looking girl will get a match the vast majority of times she swipes right, she can pretty much have her choice of guys, the other problem is that if you have 500 guys swiping right on one girl, odds are she may never even get to see you as you are so far down the queue. Tinder has changed over the last few months, I'd always get a fair few matches but these days it's decreased a lot (and this is consistent with lots of other guys too on another forum I use)..it's a cool app but the way it's implemented is a bit of a disaster.

Also if you spam right on every girl, Tinder algorithms pick up on this and so you get further picked down the queue, also delete your account and start over, it puts you at the front of the queue for a short period of time so you'll get some matches.

LIES! :(

A large amount of male users press heart on every single female profile they pass, hoping for an eventual match. That means girls get lots of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Works for me. Gets me laid at least 10 days per week

trololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

If your dick has a good personality you will be grand :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

out of interest, why do you need a facebook account to set tinder up?

• Advertisement

out of interest, why do you need a facebook account to set tinder up?

Pretty sure you don't? It just uses it for syncing purposes, friends, pics etc

Advertisement