Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rats...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Are you certain you have rats in the house? It's far more likely to be mice. Try setting a few mouse traps around the kitchen (or wherever there's food). As mentioned above, peanut butter is good, although I've found that a lump from the Lidl Christmas chocolate/marzipan bars is pretty amazing.

We had 2 very noisy scratchy pitter-pattering field mice a few weeks ago, which I caught in humane traps using that bait & released down the road near a less popular neighbour :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I second that zap trap we got it here it's brilliant.you can get it online we got ours on amazon I think.get the rat one as it does both-just keep an eye on the batteries and it's brilliant. Reading through this Nutella would prob work but we used peanut butter as well. No messing with bait if you have dogs or kids-it's a lot better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

L1985 wrote: »
    I second that zap trap we got it here it's brilliant.you can get it online we got ours on amazon I think.get the rat one as it does both-just keep an eye on the batteries and it's brilliant. Reading through this Nutella would prob work but we used peanut butter as well. No messing with bait if you have dogs or kids-it's a lot better.
    do the rat zaps do the whole house or just a single room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

The one we got is just a box and isn't off the mains it's off batteries. It's handy cause you can move it around to different points we got three rats in less then a week with it-don't know how many mice. We were having no luck with the bait. We have a v good cat now do so don't need it as much.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000FII3YW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1446844065&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=electronic+rat+trap&dpPl=1&dpID=41bz+Wuz2TL&ref=plSrch
    This is the one we got actually it's v good.

Advertisement