Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Fitness Dartry

Options
  • 05-01-2015 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on with LA in Dartry? I haven't had any correspondence at all from the club and l haven't been since mid December. I can't log on though the UK portal, so not sure what's up? Anyone here with any idea if the buyout/takeover has happened and if so how to book sessions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neetamac

As far as I know they've been sold to ICON, but there's no information forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

neetamac wrote: »
    As far as I know they've been sold to ICON, but there's no information forthcoming.

Well if they put some money into the place it can only be a good thing! It was falling apart the last time I was a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eyure21

Icon confirmed last weekend that they were definitely taking it over and that it should be finalised soon. They did say however that it might be several months before changes were made, new class timetables introduced etc (I'm hoping they're bringing Bodycombat to Rathgar!).

They also said that it should also be possible to get dual membership of both clubs (Rathgar and Camden Street).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noddythenod

A quick update. The business is now 'the Dartry Health Club'. The sale of the club from LA fitness to the Iconic Group was finalised on 19th December 2014. Work is underway to improve the facility and already the site has all new signage. The group already has 2 other clubs - Icon on Camden Street and One Escape in Smithfield. The initial focus has been on servicing all of the on site facilities. The Icon group will raise the profile progressively and there will be considerable investment is planned. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noddythenod

A quick update. The business is now 'the Dartry Health Club'. The sale of the club from LA fitness to the Iconic Group was finalised on 19th December 2014. Work is underway to improve the facility and already the site has all new signage. The group already has 2 other clubs - Icon on Camden Street and One Escape in Smithfield. The initial focus has been on servicing all of the on site facilities. The Icon group will raise the profile progressively and there will be considerable investment. Watch this space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement